Hard start. Need advice.

Alscobra

Established Member
I'm having starting issues when my car has been running for a while and then it sits for a bit. Its acting like it is flooded. Won't start unless the throttle is held down. Otherwise it just burps through the intake and dies. If it sits for a couple hours and cools some, it cranks fine.
It's a 03 cobra, whipple 2.3, 60lbs inj, BAP. I'm thinking that one or more injectors may be leaking when they are hot. No fuel leaking through the frps vacuum line either. Anyone has had this problem? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

AirFlowEngineer

Established Member
I could be completely wrong, or miss interpreting your description, but it sounds like a timing issue. In my experience, people that run lots of timing in carburetor applications, with a hot cam, and higher compression tend to have hard start issues when hot. This issue disappears after the engine has cooled. I think it could quite possibly be in the tune up, but like I said I could be completely wrong. There is a very fine line with the timing sequence, in most high performance/racing applications most builders try to run as much timing as they can get away with.

Users who are viewing this thread