Happy New Years from Afghanistan!

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Well its officially 2011 here! For the fireworks show they fired off 5 rounds of lume lol! Hope everyone has a safe and fun New Years back in the States!

:beer:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Happy new years man. Stay safe over there.
When did you get over there? Not too long ago was it?

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Happy new years man. Stay safe over there.
When did you get over there? Not too long ago was it?

Actually just started my 7th month about an hour ago lol. I got here in July, its flown by surprisingly (alot faster than Iraq did)! Go on RnR in a week, my baby girls is born in 11 days, then come back and head home in June! :beer:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That is right you are on that crazy 30 minute difference thing! Be safe and have a great new year!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yea that threw me off when I first got here. Still don't know WTF is up with the extra 30 minutes lol! Thanks man you too!

Us old SGMs miss the action guy days! We still love our warriors though!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL yeah I never got used to the half hour... Happy New Years and hope you get to see your daughter being born!

Dusten

Established Member
Happy new years to you, from the HOA. We just hit new years about 30 minutes ago

bubbal00ve

Established Member
Root1022- Happy new years to you too bro... keep up the good work out their and stay safe. Congrates on the baby!!! you guys are heroes..

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Thanks everyone! Hope you all had an awesome new year!

Now everyone just be sure and hope Oklahoma beats Uconn like they should today lol!

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Nah I'm at Fob Lagman, some hole in the wall fob, we have no LSA's. We have Bhuts (They're tents with like wood walls, and rugs stappled to the floor mixed with tarps lol its ghetto) spread out and tents lol.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Well just an update, my daughter was born yesterday at 6PM shes 6lb 8oz and 19inches long, she came VERY early. They're trying to rush me home, so far I've made it to KAF and head to Kuwait in a few hours. So I missed the birth but I've gotten ALOT of pictures! I cannot wait to get home :beer:

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
Congrats man!!!! You are lucky you have a good command... The Corps doesn't give a shit about their Marines. I have had three guys, just in my section, that have had to Skype there children's birth. They aren't even letting them go home early...:fm:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Thats such bullshit too, yea i just walked up to 1sg and asked and hes like hell yea get out of here lol. In Germany now, so almost home, the baby and wife got released today! I cannot wait to get home, I hate this flight :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread