Happy New Year! 8yrs w/o Mustang bought a 13' GT500 today!

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I was wondering if a 2.4" upper pulley or keeping the stock upper pulley and adding a 10% IW balancer would be better both for power/boost and belt grip/engine/longevity. The upper pulley route is definitely cheaper.

Are LT's w hi-flow x-pipe a big gainer on these 13''/14's? Worth the $1500? I've always gone w off road mid pipes but thinking I'll do high flow cat mid pipe this time to manage exhaust smell for daily driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Shelby! I was without a mustang for about 5 years then grabbed my 2014 at the beginning of 2016. So much fun.

FWIW I just put a lethal off-road H on mine and absolutely love the sound. The exhaust smell is there, but the sound and positive comments outweigh it for me

blue 07

Established Member
Congrats on your purchase ! For under $2,0000 you will be at 700 rwhp. Pulleys, intake ,TB , a good dyno tune, and your there.

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Congrats on the Shelby! I was without a mustang for about 5 years then grabbed my 2014 at the beginning of 2016. So much fun.

FWIW I just put a lethal off-road H on mine and absolutely love the sound. The exhaust smell is there, but the sound and positive comments outweigh it for me

Sounds great. Is that off road H w long tubes or factory manifolds?

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Congrats on your purchase ! For under $2,0000 you will be at 700 rwhp. Pulleys, intake ,TB , a good dyno tune, and your there.

I'm hearing that will get me 675rwhp or so on pump gas. The long tubes and x-pipe make the push to 700rwhp zone. No?

blue 07

Established Member
I'm hearing that will get me 675rwhp or so on pump gas. The long tubes and x-pipe make the push to 700rwhp zone. No?

I did a JLT Big Air Intake, VMP 2.4 Pulley and VMP idler pulley, SCT X4 tuner, dyno tuned, with no other mods, all factory parts, 93 pump gas and I'm at 670 at the rear wheels. New VMP 72 mm tb and a tweek here and there should put me in the 700 hp at the rear wheels range. It was fast before, after the mods, even more torque, and now it's stupid fast !! Just why you bought a 13 or 14 Shelby, right?! LOL

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
OP, congratulations on your new car, nice color combo. I'm in N Tampa close to the Pasco line. Are you going to the NPD mustang cruise this Friday from Ocala to Cedar Key. My wife and I have been doing the cruise for the past 4 yrs. If you want more info about it , follow this link: www.npdlink.com. Click on events. Also the big mustang and Ford show is this Saturday at Silver Springs park, about 10 miles east of Ocala.

Last edited:

Streetpwr281

Established Member
She's hawt! And yes, throwing more power at these cars without suspension and tires is a waste.

Absolutely correct! I've almost spun this car out 3X's now. The stock GY tires only have 7k on them but the car was originally delivered in Dec-12. I'm thinking they are dried out from age/sitting too long. Outright dangerous w any application of power.

What is the best brand/model/size rear tire for the factory 20" PP wheels for a blend of traction/treadwear? I'm daily driving so can't run pure drag radial.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Congrats bud looks sick! I just picked up my 13' in October. Winter came early this yr so only got to drive it for one afternoon so far. The previous owner said it was dynod at 690 on 93 with the mods listed below, if that's the case I'll definitely be over 700 with an upper pulley.

blue 07

Established Member
Absolutely correct! I've almost spun this car out 3X's now. The stock GY tires only have 7k on them but the car was originally delivered in Dec-12. I'm thinking they are dried out from age/sitting too long. Outright dangerous w any application of power.

What is the best brand/model/size rear tire for the factory 20" PP wheels for a blend of traction/treadwear? I'm daily driving so can't run pure drag radial.

I put a set of Michelin Sports on my 2013, a huge difference over the Goodyears. Anything with around 7-800 is going to break loose if you mat it, so be safe with that kind of power if not running drag radials !!

Users who are viewing this thread