Happy New Owner!

sbc17

Established Member
I bought my SVT focus last Wednesday and I love it!

2003 Pitch Black
Blue Interior
Build number: 61 of 3985
Assembled January 23, 2003
72,xxx miles

img0692ix.jpg

img0680zq.jpg

img0708rd.jpg

img0703zf.jpg

No mods but I plan on getting some projectors and HID's eventually. It is my second car and will be my daily driver along with my '96 Pontiac Sunfire.

-sbc

Last edited:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Welcome, glad you like the car.

Let me just be the first to ask, has the timing belt been done? If not you should do it soon and every 90k after that.

-Steve

sbc17

Established Member
Thanks Steve.
The belt has not been replaced. I had it looked at and it seems to be fine. I am planning on changing it soon anyways. I might need a few replacement parts. Ill check out your site when I get the chance.

-sbc

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Look very clean. You should go with white hid fogs and headlights, not a fan on the greenish fogs.

sbc17

Established Member
Thanks, they were blue. It's a bad pic. I got pulled over and had to remove the blue vinyl stickers. I want to get HID's but I need a good set of projectors first. I really like the plain pair from Spyder with the 2 halo rings.

-sbc

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Thanks Steve.
The belt has not been replaced. I had it looked at and it seems to be fine. I am planning on changing it soon anyways. I might need a few replacement parts. Ill check out your site when I get the chance.

-sbc

Good idea, even if the belt "looks" allright it's still a ten year old timing belt and they do age just sitting still so I wouldn't trust it for long.

qurtrn10

Established Member
Do you mind if I ask how much you got it for? I have a '03 that I'm looking to sell in the next few months.

BOSS324

Established Member
Looking to pick one up myself. 2004 SVT Focus Euro edition with recaro seats, sun roof and HID w/59K. debating whether to go with an 07 GTI or the 04 SVTF.

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Looking to pick one up myself. 2004 SVT Focus Euro edition with recaro seats, sun roof and HID w/59K. debating whether to go with an 07 GTI or the 04 SVTF.

That would be a hard one. I think my VW is smoother, but it has 46K vs. 192K on the focus. The VW has THE smoothest transmission (tiptronic). The VW has some neat other features as well like adjustable steering wheel, I'm tall, and some other creature features. I think the Recaro seats are more comfortable though, they're wider and ofter a little more adjustment.

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
Thanks, they were blue. It's a bad pic. I got pulled over and had to remove the blue vinyl stickers. I want to get HID's but I need a good set of projectors first. I really like the plain pair from Spyder with the 2 halo rings.

-sbc
If you get OEM HIDs a good match is HOEN. Not perfect in the K rating but darn close. I don't know if they still sell them but I got High Beams and Fogs from them and they are close to the OEM HIDs.

Users who are viewing this thread