Happy birthday to me!

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
Well, I have received almost everything that I got myself for my birthday (bah, who am I kidding, it was just an excuse to buy stuff). The only thing I am still waiting on is my shorty X-pipe so that I can install the long-tubes.

Here are some pics of my 17x9" fronts, 17x10.5" rear black Cobra rims, SCTX2 with custom tune from Mustang Tuning, and my ceramic coated Flowtech long-tube headers from Summit Racing.
WooHoo!!! :pepper:

rimssmall1.jpg

rimssmall2.jpg

rimssmall3.jpg

rimssmall4.jpg

rimssmall5.jpg

I still can't get over how wide these back wheels are...

rimssmall6.jpg

rimssmall7.jpg

Ericr67

The Cobra Beast
Established Member
Dude, that is one gnarly toe nail!!! But that stuff looks COOL!!! ENJOY!!!

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
JebTonkin said:
Nice, how much were those headers?

$383. Sumit Racing

The headers were in OK shape. I cleaned up a lot of the welding slag, and the port flanges weren't all exactly flat, so I flattened out all of the port flanges with a sanding disk and then rechecked them with a flat edge. I also picked up a set of metal OEM gaskets at the Ford dealer (for $56 ... :bash: ) to use instead of the crappy paper flange gaskets that come with the kit. I ordered the headers and X-pipe about 3 to 4 weeks ago and got the headers the next week, but the matching X-pipe has been back ordered. So, I just get to sit here and stare at them day after day... :sleeping:

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Happy Bday..... Post pics ASAP of those rims on the car.... Im considering ordering a set as a back up pair.... Chromies of show, Blackies for Go!!!

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
KGblack99cobra said:
Happy Bday..... Post pics ASAP of those rims on the car.... Im considering ordering a set as a back up pair.... Chromies of show, Blackies for Go!!!

Unfortunately, this kinda maxxed out my mod budget for the month. I'll be buying tires for them in another couple of weeks... After that, I will definitely post up some pics of them on my car with 275 Nittos in the front and 315 Nitto DRs in the back.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Dingleweed said:
Unfortunately, this kinda maxxed out my mod budget for the month. I'll be buying tires for them in another couple of weeks... After that, I will definitely post up some pics of them on my car with 275 Nittos in the front and 315 Nitto DRs in the back.
Good combo that's what I have.

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
SPXTrader said:
Do you need any spacers for those rims? And yeah, the toenails - dude, see a doctor or something (lol)

I've got a 97 Cobra solid axle which is 3/4" narrower on each side, and a set of 1" spacers in my garage. So, I'll try out the new rims and 315s with and without the spacer to see how they look and check for clearance issues.

Oh and about the toenails... believe it or not that's my better foot :nonono: But, they don't hurt so I'll just leave them be... they do look kinda nasty though :-D

Users who are viewing this thread