Happy Belated Birthday - Joe Johnson!

Andy M

Established Member
Folks,

Please join me in wishing our buddy Joe Johnson a belated birthday! Joe celebrated his 39th birthday this past week on the 26th. :rollseyes ;-)

I spoke to Joe this week about his birthday wish and he said all he wanted was for the R's engine to be back in the car so he can resume his regularly scheduled track calendar.

Joe, here's to you buddy. You are a class act and I feel truly blessed having you as a friend!! :beer: :bowdown: :rockon:

JoeJ

Established Member
Hey Thanks Guys,

My my, It would be nice to be 39 again..or then again maybe not as I am sure enjoying my life right now. Just add another 30 on to the above and you will have my age right.
I dropped by Houston Performance today. They have the engine all together except they are waiting for some o-rings for the intake manifold. They said they should be installing the engine in the car on Monday. I also saw the new oil cooler they will install. It looks good. Hope it helps with the oil temps.
Sure looking forward to seeing everyone at Barber and Gingerman. It should be some good times.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Happy B Day Joe :rockon:

Anything interesting you've noticed about the R with the motor out? Care to post some pics of the engine bay empty, and of the motor going back in ?

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Hey Joe,

I Didn't Know. Happy Birthday Man.

But I Do Know What You Mean About Enjoying Life, Say, Over 50.

I'm Going To Put A New Cooler On By Car, Can You Tell Me A Brand Or A Link To Check One Out.

See Ya At Gingerman.

Last edited:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
JoeJ said:
Hey Thanks Guys,

My my, It would be nice to be 39 again..or then again maybe not as I am sure enjoying my life right now. Just add another 30 on to the above and you will have my age right.
I dropped by Houston Performance today. They have the engine all together except they are waiting for some o-rings for the intake manifold. They said they should be installing the engine in the car on Monday. I also saw the new oil cooler they will install. It looks good. Hope it helps with the oil temps.
Sure looking forward to seeing everyone at Barber and Gingerman. It should be some good times.

Hey Joe, did you ever find out the brand of oil cooler, or a link, that you got?

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Holy cow... another guy I'll have to buy a birthday beer for at Gingerman. I just hope Doc sends you a good present like the one he's giving Ken!:-D

JoeJ

Established Member
Guys,

Houston Performance still has the car. They had to pull the engine back out and change out the pistons. I will keep my thoughts to myself and give them a chance to make the engine right. I am sure I will not have the car back in time for Barber Motorsports event so I will rent a 6 cylinder Mustang and go play on the track. Just hope I will have it back in good shape for Gingerman. Keeping my fingers crossed. I may have to re-think this whole engine re-build.
Later,

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Joe:

Good luck with the car. :thumbsup:

I'd try lining up a Hertz Shelby GT350H if they are even out yet?:idea:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

kevin

ac427cobra said:
Joe:

Good luck with the car. :thumbsup:

I'd try lining up a Hertz Shelby GT350H if they are even out yet?:idea:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

they are out in limited locations. i would put tape over the license plate tho. ;-)

svtruck

Huge Member
Established Member
Happy Birthday Joe! I met you and your friend Wayne Manor at Sebring this past Spring at the SVTOA event. Wayne was my instructor in my Competition Orange '04 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread