Hans Racecraft Subframe Connectors (GP)

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Mines arriving today for sure. Getting hand delivered by the vendor out here. Where's everyone going to get theres installed?? I've heard muffler shops like meineke do a fair job. Any suggestions?

predator

Established Member
Odered mine today......MM are coming off. I have had my car on jackstands for the last three months and have noticed door alignment problems. Willing to give these a try. :beer: My contribution to the GP.:thumbsup:

boomer003

Established Member
I got mine installed today and the finish is beautiful. I'm not so impressed with the fit. This is my first experience with sub frame connectors, but I think they should have fit up under the car a little tighter. I haven't picked the car up yet so I don't know what it has done for the ride, but anything will be an improvement over the cowl shake I was experiencing. I know why after seeing the factory subs, what a joke. I can't believe Ford didn't do a better job in this area.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
You mean to tell me that these subs are almost 300 dollars better than the MMs (149/set)?

boomer003

Established Member
Unbelievable.....Like I said in my earlier post, I don't have any experience with subs, but the car drives like a completely different car now. I was intentionally driving through ruts and manhole recesses in the road and this thing feels solid. I swear it spins the tires easier. Very solid and well worth the investment in my opinion.

blwn88cpe

Established Member
boomer003, What problems/issues did you have with the fitment of these? Thanks.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Getting mine installed at a body shop next wednesday. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

03RedCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by bhartman

Do you think saying this is her anniversary gift from her to me will fly? :shrug:

SURE, I think she'll be okay with it.....you just have to tell her that you promised her something HARD and STIFF for the anniversary !! She just has to climb under the car to find it though !! LOL

Mint Julep

Established Member
Fitment on these subframes is excellent - make sure the shop that puts them on has a lift that lifts the car by the tires so you have the proper load on the car. A full tank of gas doesn't hurt either.

These are the best and clearly worth the extra $$. For all you folks in Southern Cali, give Danny a call at Cannon's muffler shop in La Habra - these guys do first rate installs with these subframes, and they've done many of them.

Put these on and kiss chassis flex goodbye - and the stock mustang chassis flexes more than you can imagine -

Mint

03Cobra745

Originally posted by 03RedCobra
SURE, I think she'll be okay with it.....you just have to tell her that you promised her something HARD and STIFF for the anniversary !! She just has to climb under the car to find it though !! LOL

LOL! After 24 years of marriage, HARD & STIFF won't do it, but the promise of jewelry will!

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Placed my order this morning.

Was really wondering if I needed something that beefy, but screw it...I wanna keep my car from self-destructing. Nothing I hate more than the rattles and vibrations that form over a couple years, from a flexing chassis. With these, I dont think I'll have to worry about if I have stiff enough subframes or not. Hehe.

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Ordered mine, was planning on going with Global West a while back but a GP never seemed to get off the ground. These look good but sure are pricey, then again so are Global west.

John

tec7426

Established Member
I just weighed these at 23 pounds each plus another 3 1/2 pounds for the braces and hardware; scaring the sh-t out of 50 pounds.

I am also adding a KB front strut tower brace for another 9 pounds, and KB c/c plates for yet another 5 (less what comes off the car).

I had e-mailed Hansracecraft asking for the weight of the SFC's, and their reply was 36-38 pounds and they stressed "approximate". Go figure! I don't really mind, as I wanted the structural rigidity to keep the car as tight as possible for as long as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread