Hangover'ville

KICKDOFFTHETOUR

Established Member
So it's almost summer time and I know for one I'll be doing my fair share of drinking then but currently I am battling a nice hangover so my question to SVTP is.... Any of you have any secret hangover remedies. Personally I don't think there is anything that helps. All I do is try and drink more water then a fish, get some food in my gut and take a vitamin.

Spill the beans folks, I need help right now :whine:

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
A ton of water and a sauna, sweat out the toxins.

Not sure if it actually is of any benefit.

machstang23

Established Member
go for a jog, perform some sort of physical activity, do anything active... Probably the last thing that you want to do, but I always feel better when I get outside and sweat a little. oh and drink some water.

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
Usually a nice workout/jog that gets the blood and sweat flowing. Then have a bloody mary after I cool down (pending I'm not hungover on a work day - which I never am). Next step, tons of water! Works for me every time!

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Your liver metabolizes alcohol ~1 ounce per hour. If you've had 5 drinks do the math.
Folks get DUI's even though they hadn't touch a lick of booze since the night before. Problem with that is the amount of alcohol still gets metabolized @~one ounce an hour.
Not much you can do but wait and prey to the porcelain gods.
Most heavy duty alcoholics never get hangovers regardless the amount of booze ingested.

One of the worst things you can do is work out after tying one on. Booze also effects your blood pressure.
Might as well grab a hammer and hit yourself over the head with it.
Good morning!
Jeff

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
there's a few methods I used to do..

Alka-Seltzer Mourning Relief (this stuff was made just for hangovers, its like half asprin half caffeine. Been a while since I've been able to find it though.)

Gatorade is another method. Drink plenty of Gatorade when you wake up in the morning. (I stopped this though, cause Gatorade is literally horrible on the teeth.)

The best method, as stated by almost everyone here drink tons of water. Keep your body hydrated to avoid the hangover all together.

KICKDOFFTHETOUR

Established Member
Your liver metabolizes alcohol ~1 ounce per hour. If you've had 5 drinks do the math.
Folks get DUI's even though they hadn't touch a lick of booze since the night before. Problem with that is the amount of alcohol still gets metabolized @~one ounce an hour.
Most heavy duty alcoholics never get hangovers regardless the amount of booze ingested.

One of the worst things you can do is work out after tying one on. Booze also effects your blood pressure.
Good morning!
Jeff

:bored:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Cheafin' a little reefa never hurts or you could just make yourself a strong screwdriver or bloody mary.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
Water method doesn't work for me. I can pound all the water I want and it will all come back up. :( I usually suck it up and keep a can near by.

2003 Silver

Banned
If you are asking now it's too late lol. While drinking...after every 2-3 drinks have a glass of water. Pound water before bed and take a multi-v. Eat a greasy lunch the next day!!:beer:

97cobra1

Established Member

Good morning!
Jeff

it's actually about .15 ounces per hour. But you're dead on as to why people still get duis 6, 8 or even 10 hours after a night of drinking.

Users who are viewing this thread