Hanging throttle?

Foti

Established Member
Ok so ever since I installed my long tubes, maf and injectors, every time I start my car the rpms shoot up to 2400, then die down to 1500 now. At first it would idle at 1800, then I called Sniper to because they said if I have any drivability issues I should call them the next day when they're tuner was in. Well I called back, he said try using your old maf and re-calibrate it for the injectors and it should work, guess what? It didn't, well kinda... It lowered my idle to 1300 at start up, and after driving it'll idle at 1500. While driving, every time I let off the gas (or even touch the gas) the rmps will go to 2200-2500 by itself, and stay there until I come to a complete stop. Also if I'm cruising in neutral above 40mph the rmps will fluctuate from 1300 back up to 2200-2500, just back and forth. I also can't down shift because my car is like in cruise control or something no matter what gear I'm as soon as I let off the gas.

I've been told its probably my tps and try to reset it, when I searched on how to adjust the tps all the forum threads that came up say green wire, and black wire. Well when I look at my sensor's wires I see a brown wire with a with stripe, a white wire with a red strip, and red wire with a white strip. Idk if my Bullitt's tps wiring is different or what, but does anybody have those color wires, or can help?

Also before the lt install, my rpms would randomly shoot to 2k every couple of days, these related?

Last edited:

DaBigBone

Established Member
Did you need larger injectors or were you thinking they would give you more power?

Foti

Established Member
I'm gonna need them down the road, and i got a good deal on them now.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Put the stock ones back in and retune it. It's pointless having bigger injectors in there when the motor isn't demanding the fuel. Just put them in a box in your garage until you actually need them

DaBigBone

Established Member
K fine i'll swap them out tomorrow, if it helps I'll thank you... Idk how it would help but i'll try

I've seen similar issues on other cars that have been traced back to the injectors. It's worth a shot and it doesn't take very long to do.

Foti

Established Member
I'm throwing an IAC overspeed code, its it because the valve is bad?

Users who are viewing this thread