Hanging Idle/Limp Home Mode Issues & Superior Customer Service

CobraCO

Established Member
2011 GT500 with 2.8 Kenne Bell stage 3 (Twin 75 Throttle Body and Gimme 5 inlet, w/Lund Tune).

I have been experiencing hanging idle issues followed by limp home mode/fail safe (wrench light) shortly thereafter. These began in stop and go traffic after a highway or sustained drive and eventually progressed to happening also after much shorter drives, still mostly in stop and go traffic. The issue started in warmer weather but still happens even in 50 degree temps. Car ran fine under WOT.

So, is it an air leak, tune, high IATs, Throttle Body issue, TB electronics, car overheating?! I was convinced it was an IAT2 issue but after after data logging and ruling out ECT, IAT/IAT2, and also TAC spring and air leaks I started working with Jon Lund and Van @ Revan Racing who I bought from originally. Mind you the parts were installed about 14 months ago, so out of warranty.

Jon sent a couple of revised tunes and worked directly with Kenne Bell on the issue and working with Van, I tried a new set of TB electronics to rule that out and other possibilities. At the moment, and on the advice of these companies I am replacing the TB to a new revision and we all believe that will fix the issue.

I can't say enough about all three companies knowledge, professionalism and desire to provide the highest levels of customer service while helping me narrow this down. No one blamed the other company and all have been very helpful! Great companies and people to work with. And Van especially has been this way from the beginning!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I hope it get fixed I'm not sure what the issue is. I guess its the 75mm tb but not 100% that's the issue. Van has always been the guy on the customers side so i hope it will get fixed soon.

Van@RevanRacing

2011 GT500 with 2.8 Kenne Bell stage 3 (Twin 75 Throttle Body and Gimme 5 inlet, w/Lund Tune).

I have been experiencing hanging idle issues followed by limp home mode/fail safe (wrench light) shortly thereafter. These began in stop and go traffic after a highway or sustained drive and eventually progressed to happening also after much shorter drives, still mostly in stop and go traffic. The issue started in warmer weather but still happens even in 50 degree temps. Car ran fine under WOT.

So, is it an air leak, tune, high IATs, Throttle Body issue, TB electronics, car overheating?! I was convinced it was an IAT2 issue but after after data logging and ruling out ECT, IAT/IAT2, and also TAC spring and air leaks I started working with Jon Lund and Van @ Revan Racing who I bought from originally. Mind you the parts were installed about 14 months ago, so out of warranty.

Jon sent a couple of revised tunes and worked directly with Kenne Bell on the issue and working with Van, I tried a new set of TB electronics to rule that out and other possibilities. At the moment, and on the advice of these companies I am replacing the TB to a new revision and we all believe that will fix the issue.

I can't say enough about all three companies knowledge, professionalism and desire to provide the highest levels of customer service while helping me narrow this down. No one blamed the other company and all have been very helpful! Great companies and people to work with. And Van especially has been this way from the beginning!

Thanks for the post. Taking care of customers before, during and after the sale is what it is all about. Glad you're back up and running.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread