Handling issues.

Whie5.OH

Established Member
So the other day I took a corner at 40 that I should have be able to take at like 60 and my rear end didn't feel planted at all. it felt like it was weightless and like it was going to swing around on me. I wasn't in the throttle it just felt like my weight transfer is off. I wondering if i did to much to my rear end suspension. Ive done Roush Extreme Lower, freedom racing LCA with whiteline relocation brackets, steeda Adjustable UCA, steeda adjustable Panhard bar. I want my car to feel planted and balanced. any ideas.

Radar Doc

Established Member
Are your LCAs level? If not, a set of relocation brackets like BMR sells will give you more adjustment capability, vs. the Whitelines. If I had to choose one single part of your setup to look at closely with regards to cornering capability, I would concentrate on the relocation brackets.

Of course, it's tough to have the "best" suspension setup for ALL road surfaces and conditions. A stiff suspension makes it hard to stay planted when the roads have bumps. Tires and tire pressure can play a huge part too. What tires and wheels are your running?

Whie5.OH

Established Member
They are just about level little lower on the rear. Im running 285/25/19's MT street radials. Very good grip above 50 degrees. I was thinking I might need to upgrade my struts and shock and maybe have someone double check the uca and panhard adjustment. It just bothers me because I feel like a stock mustang can out handle me right now and I've put all this money in to my suspention.​

bryantaylor

Established Member
did you do anything to the rear bump stops? my sportlines came with new shorter bumps. if you still have stock height bumps, you are riding on them after only a couple inches of travel, which can affect handling. did you also install the lowering springs on the front? if you only lowered the rear it was also have an effect. but being under dampened also has an effect too.

01bluesnake

Established Member
They are just about level little lower on the rear. Im running 285/25/19's MT street radials. Very good grip above 50 degrees. I was thinking I might need to upgrade my struts and shock and maybe have someone double check the uca and panhard adjustment. It just bothers me because I feel like a stock mustang can out handle me right now and I've put all this money in to my suspention.​

Main problem highlighted, there for drag racing and do not carry the same sidewall construction of even a street tire, let alone one made for Road racing.

Cold tire vs warm tire. Cold road vs warm. Asphalt vs concrete. The variables make all the difference for me

Agreed

yep

Whie5.OH

Established Member
Yea typo 285/35R19 Micky's Street Tires on Boss 302 Laguna wheels Sorry for the confusion... I have Roush Extreme Lowering Springs all the way around. I was going to try to put the LCA back in the stock location to see if it would respond differently. the whole car is super responsive to steering inputs which I love. it just doesn't feel right when im commited in a turn and the rear feels floaty. I want to feel lateral G's and right now i feel like all the weight is all on my front wheels. I want to be shoved on to my door like Myold 07 ...it felt great in the turns but I just had Eibach springs on it. Ive been looking at Koni Yellows, Tokico D's or a Roush Set to replace the stock Struts and Shocks. I haven't decided yet on that I feel like this problem shouldn't be happening just because of those stock parts but I guess it could be a possiblity.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Main problem highlighted, there for drag racing and do not carry the same sidewall construction of even a street tire, let alone one made for Road racing.

I believe that he is talking about the new street tire that M/T is offering now.

Users who are viewing this thread