Handgun for a lefty

tmaschm

Established Member
Hey guys I am taking the Conceal carry permit class in TN. While taking the class I am also searching for a weapon. However, I am left handed. Just wondering if there are guns made specifically for left handed people. Do you special order it or what? I think I would like it if the mag release was on the correct side for a lefty.

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
There are a lot of handguns out there that are ambidextrous from the factory. Usually you can strip the gun down and switch a lot around on your own if you want as well.

Black10thSVT

Established Member
Im a lefty and I have three Glocks 23, 23C, 19. Love em all. Not that much of a hassel to me. I also have springfield XD .40 love it.(Mag release on both sides)

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Springfield XD FTW any model and CAL. just a wonderful gun and its great for leftys and rightys :)

I believe that anyone who has ever owned one or even shot one will tell you the same thing!!!!

I have a kimber 1911 raptor that was like $1200
and I will shoot my $550 dollar springfield xd .45 tactical over it anyday :)

03DOHC

Established Member
Springfield XD FTW any model and CAL. just a wonderful gun and its great for leftys and rightys :)

I believe that anyone who has ever owned one or even shot one will tell you the same thing!!!!

I have a kimber 1911 raptor that was like $1200
and I will shoot my $550 dollar springfield xd .45 tactical over it anyday :)

Then there is something wrong with your kimber.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Then there is something wrong with your kimber.

lol why do you say that?? its a beautiful match grade weapon but as for fun factor ill shoot my XD anyday. Im positive im not the only one who feels this way!@!

03DOHC

Established Member
lol why do you say that??
Of the handgun formats I prefer the 1911.

its a beautiful match grade weapon but as for fun factor ill shoot my XD anyday.
You are welcome to your opinion.
Im positive im not the only one who feels this way!@!
And you are probably right in that assumption but it doesn't apply to me.

blainestang

Established Member
My H&K HK45C has ambidextrous magazine release and there is a spot for the safety/decocker to be swapped to either side.

As far as the USP goes, I haven't actually shot one, but I've really enjoyed my HK45C (an "update" to the USPc) so far. Also, my friends with comparable Springfield XD's (.40 Compact and 9mm SubCompact) were quite impressed with the quality, accuracy, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread