Han Solo Got a Shelby GT350

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ Congrats bro, I got my viper and had half the distance to drive but it was ****ing epic (cept for the shitty LA traffic). I was smiling the entire time, couldnt believe I got the dream car. Drove from SD to Bay Area.

I save the car for Fridays and weekend duty. Show us moar pics!!!!!

What are you plans for wheels? Are you going to save the stock carbon and run something else?

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
^ Congrats bro, I got my viper and had half the distance to drive but it was ****ing epic (cept for the shitty LA traffic). I was smiling the entire time, couldnt believe I got the dream car. Drove from SD to Bay Area.

I save the car for Fridays and weekend duty. Show us moar pics!!!!!

What are you plans for wheels? Are you going to save the stock carbon and run something else?
Excited for you bro. Can't wait to see what you picked up. I know you had been searching for the right one. One of these days we gotta link up and get the two cars together for some pics. Maybe even a track day.

I should have the car back next week and will do a quick photoshoot. I ended up ordering another set of wheels from Signature. I will run the carbon fiber wheels with the Michelin SC2 in the summer, then swap over to the street tires in the winter/fall. I plan to use the car year around and have as much fun with it as possible.

How was the ride in the viper? Never had a chance to ride or drive in one

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I have the base model SRT, I dont have any good pics because I dont have a good camera, but have a few coworkers willing to help me there.

The ride is incredible, car has power and torque. Ive done 130+ stints and it just keeps pulling. It rides stiff because of the base suspension. I will have some MCS (former Moton suspension) coil overs coming in friday which will make ride softer and adjustable for light track use.

The R was definitely on my radar as well as a 2lZ Z06. But when I was pricing the Z06, i said I might as well get a viper. I got lucky with this one because the owner took care of it and kept it in garage. Its ceramic coated and clear bra'd in the front. owner had it for a year then sold to me.

Can't wait to see what wheels you put on the R. Btw, what do you use to clean your wheels? I think a lot of these high performance cars naturally have brake pads that have a ton of brake dust.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I have the base model SRT, I dont have any good pics because I dont have a good camera, but have a few coworkers willing to help me there.

The ride is incredible, car has power and torque. Ive done 130+ stints and it just keeps pulling. It rides stiff because of the base suspension. I will have some MCS (former Moton suspension) coil overs coming in friday which will make ride softer and adjustable for light track use.

The R was definitely on my radar as well as a 2lZ Z06. But when I was pricing the Z06, i said I might as well get a viper. I got lucky with this one because the owner took care of it and kept it in garage. Its ceramic coated and clear bra'd in the front. owner had it for a year then sold to me.

Can't wait to see what wheels you put on the R. Btw, what do you use to clean your wheels? I think a lot of these high performance cars naturally have brake pads that have a ton of brake dust.
Hands down the best cleaner/prevention I used was to have the wheels ceramic coated. The wheels stay cleaner because the dust cant stick to it, therefore you are cleaning them a lot less. Then the dust that did manage to accumulate will usually rinse off with just a strong spray from the hose and some drying.

Prior to that I found that treating the wheels with Chemical Guys Jet Seal and Diablo cleaner was a very good combo.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Imperial Works GT350R (2).jpg
Imperial Works GT350R (1).jpg
Imperial Works GT350R (4).jpg
Imperial Works GT350R (5).jpg
Imperial Works GT350R (6).jpg
Imperial Works GT350R (7).jpg
Imperial Works GT350R (8).jpg
Imperial Works GT350R (3).jpg
Since I brought the car home I haven't actually been able to drive it
frusty.gif
. I washed it once and dropped it off at Imperial Works in Sacramento to handle the obligatory XPEL PPF, Llumar Air 80 Blue window tint, and Ceramic Pro ceramic coating. Here are some progress pics. You will notice they are covering the painted surfaces in the XPEL Ultimate, and have custom cut it to stop at the glossy red portion of the flat black stripes. The stripes will be covered in a custom cut XPEL Stealth to maintain their flat black appearance. These guys know what they are doing.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
ob to make a set in blue to match my car and well, lets just say they came out amazing.
cheers.gif
If you are interested in this color make sure you check out Caliperfexion soon as I do not know how long this batch will last. They are also available in red.
Caliperfexion (1).JPG
Caliperfexion (2).JPG

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Stopped in to Imperial Works In Sacramento to see the car briefly today. Things are still curing but all I can say is wow! The car looks better than I expected. David and his guys are putting in work. Can not wait to get it out in the sun for a photoshoot

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
How are the seams between the XPEL? Is the stealth stretching across the blue between stripes? Looks damn good!

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Been tinkering away at the R and getting parts installed. Lately it seems like I don't have time to put together a full write up. I will keep things brief, and if anyone is interested in a full installation write up let me know and I will work on getting it together

R Springs vs FP Springs
Met up with my buddy Rick at the local cars and coffee. He has a GT350 on the Apex wheels, Carbon2Carbon R aero, and running the same Michelin SC2 tire. His car has the FP lowering springs and MM plates. Measurements show about a 20mm difference up front, and a little less out back. You can visibly see it is lower

R_Changes_6_of_4.jpg

OPT7 Sequential LED Turn Signals
These were a total pain in the butt to install. It took myself and @cornercarverfan about 2.5 hours to get this task done. The end result is damn impressive, but the worst part is you never really get to see the lights in action as you drive. You know its there, but this mod is really for others to see. If I had to do it again I would, but it did take much longer than expected. No need to pull the front bumper. Go in through the fender liner, unbolt the cooler, remove a bunch of screws that holds the light, and pull it out from the front. It sounds easy, but my hands are still all beat up.

R_Changes_7_of_4.jpg

ZL1 Addons Titanium Tow Hook
This one was pretty simple since I knew what to expect from the last car. I love the look and the functionality. Pray to god I never need it. Went with titanium becauseracecar.

R_Changes_9_of_4.jpg

iJDM Toy LED 4th Brake Light
I was super sketch about buying this at first, but I want all my lighting converted to LED. It was also a pain to install and consumed 4 hours of my life. The area to work in behind the bumper is impossibly tight, the diff cooler had to be unbolted and moved, and running the wires took a little time. The kit does not come with any of the wiring connecters, grounds, or splicers you need so be sure to have them handy. I went with the smoked lens and well..... I love it. That LED surround is sexy at night. Definitely would bang again. Biggest complaint is I cant see it while driving.

R_Changes_8_of_4.jpg

Overall still in love with this car. My night photography sucks. Hope I helped you spend some money. Mod on :thumbsup:

72SBC

Established Member
Talking to a guy at the track that knows you. White Focus RS with airbags. Svt world brah.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Just got the finished product from my sponsor Steve@TF . I've known the owner Steve for years from back when I had my 03 Cobra. Always been happy with his products and this one is no different. I haven't installed it yet. Steve is selling off the last of these and has roughly 15 of them left. Various engraving available. They go for $350 Shipped.

[email protected]

IMG_1442.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Finally got my custom engraved True Forged Coolant expansion tank installed. I was pretty bummed when I found it wouldn't work with the passenger side Ford Performance Oil Seperator. Luckily I stumbled upon a relocation kit offered by UPR products. It's made to relocate their Oil Seperator to the passenger strut tower, and not the FP model. Luckily I confirmed the connections were the same and figured I could make the bracket work. Sure enough it did. Took a little modification, but $60 later and I have everything I wanted. If anyone is running the FP setup and the True Forged tank this is the way to go. Hit them up to order yours. This tank looks way better than the OEM setup. Thanks again @Steve@TF

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Today ended up being pretty cool. Had the opportunity to ask a favor of a new acquaintance of mine. Thought it would be cool to get the car on my old college campus at California State University Sacramento for some photos. I went out with Todd from GP36 Media and he snapped a couple images while we scouted some other locations for photos. Looks like I can get access to some pretty exclusive places that will provide some great imagery. I snapped a few pics while he was working. Will share his images once he gets to them.

DSC_1141.jpg

DSC_1140.jpg

DSC_1135.jpg

After my last photoshoot at Thunder Hill Raceway I was contacted by a company named DCT Motor Sports. They are looking to bring a new steering wheel for the S550 Mustang to market and asked me to try it out. I had not felt the need to upgrade from the GT350R wheel, but when I saw their product I was intrigued. Even more pleased when I actually got it in my hands. The stitching, quality of the leather, and weave on the carbon fiber is VERY good.

DSC_1146.jpg

DSC_1144.jpg

DSC_1143.jpg

Of note were the impressions in the top of the steering wheels for your fingers to grip.

DSC_1149.jpg

The only real knock I can make on the OEM wheel is that the Alcantara (or whatever it is) will eventually get messed up if you have sweaty hands, let your kids touch on it, get dirt on the material, or constantly let the wheel slide through your hands after turning. I think a few here have discussed the option of a full leather wheel. I basically resigned myself to wearing driving gloves all the time to save the material, but sometimes that is a bit of a hassle. Being that guy who pulls up to the cars and coffee with the racing gloves on is a bit much at times.

DSC_1147.jpg

This is looking like an attractive option. Once I get it installed I will take pictures side by side of the OEM wheel to check for any differences in size, and will provide impressions after driving.

Users who are viewing this thread