Halloween, parents reply

SNK BITN

Established Member
Do any of you parents dress up for Halloween for your kids? I know my son would really like it if I got involved in things like that. And I'm realizing more as a Dad I'm gonna have to come through for things like being Santa for Xmas and I may even fall victim to having to suit up for his birthday parties. Just wanna know if any of you other Moms/Dads are doing this for your kids. Its terribly embarrassing for me and I havent worn any kind of costume for quite some time. But if it means being my kids hero for a day then I'll do it :bored: :read:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Do it for your kids. They'll love it. I don't see how that is embarrassing. People will just say "he's a great father". Plus, your kids will have a great time. Unless, your kids are teenagers. Then, they will hate you and their friends will make fun of both them and you.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
What ampstang said, from a teenagers point of view lol, maybe if your kid is like 9 or 10...

SVT4ME

Established Member
I'll be sitting at the front door handing out candy. Guess it would be cool for the kids but never really done it!

StangVixen

Established Member
Well, our daughter is only 17 months old and my husband and i are thinking about dressing up for her...but we are not sure because she is so small she may not realise its us...so one of us may dress up and the other hold her or something. But if you wanna dress up for your kids go for it. I see nothing wrong it and it will make you and your kids feel great. they are small only once enjoy it so what if it makes you feel dorky or embarrassed they will love you even more for it.

Vixen

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
Been Santa at the annual family Christmas party (with at least 50 or so kids running around and over 100 family members total - my wifes mom was one of 16 kids, so family gatherings are something to see). Gets pretty hot in that Santa suit after a while, but luckily other relatives share the burden. As far as halloween, like others said it is not at all embarrassing, it is fun and your kids will love it. Try going together with some parents of your kids friends and make them dress up too. Really dude, it's a hoot.

montanagrog

Established Member
Absolutely!!! I even dressed up to give candy out at the front door! Dressing up gets you involved in your kid's activities the fun way. If you get embarassed easily, use a costume with a mask or face paint and don't say anything to those who might know you. Dress like a ghost and sit in a chair by the front door, and as your lady, or kid hands out the candy, jump up and BOOOOO! You will be a hero to your kids and they and everyone will remember your support of your kid.

Stang Vixen - use a moderate costume that shows your faces, and are identifiable to your little one. This will show her that the other ones out there are just that 'costumes'. She won't be so scared then.

AndersH

Established Member
Stang Vixen forget about dressing up for you 17 months old child.. Your first memories are from 2 years old and up, earlier than that the kids can't remember anything.. I'm not negative I'm just passing knowledge I got in psycology class :)

I think it's great to dress up for your kids.. We don't have Halloween here but we have something lamer called "Shrovetide (I've never seen that word in my life in English :) ).. Your Halloween thing looks quite cool on television and on webpages etc.. I'm looking forward to experiencing it my self some day :)

You can get a lot of cool and/or funny dresses.. Look what I just found:
http://****eyed.com/incredible/paparazzi/paparazzi.html

http://****eyed.com/incredible/california/california1.html

http://****eyed.com/incredible/africa/africa.html

AndersH

Established Member
oh dear.. you can't write c0ck here.. whats wrong with that? As far as I know it's a commen word and is used for the male chicken?

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
Do any of you parents dress up for Halloween for your kids? I know my son would really like it if I got involved in things like that. And I'm realizing more as a Dad I'm gonna have to come through for things like being Santa for Xmas and I may even fall victim to having to suit up for his birthday parties. Just wanna know if any of you other Moms/Dads are doing this for your kids. Its terribly embarrassing for me and I havent worn any kind of costume for quite some time. But if it means being my kids hero for a day then I'll do it :bored: :read:
well, heres the deal. we get dressed up every year with the kids, they range from 12,10 and 4. hey i never want to grow up:)

GEIST-02

Established Member
I usually get dressed up for Halloween for the kids. Now I just try to keep things simple, usually some bdu's and facepaint. I'm always the one who applies any facepaint the the family. My son went as Darth Maul one year and lokked bad A$$! I do have a costume I'd like to wear but I'm too big for it now :(
My friend had a medieval wedding that I stood up in. the costumes were the same ones that they wear at the medevial times restaurant.

Users who are viewing this thread