Halibrand Cobra III's anyone??

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Anyone running the Halibrand Cobra III's on their 03/04. Looking at the 17x9 and 17x10.5 deep lip versions.

hallibrand.jpg

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Nice wheels. I'd say give it a try and be different.
Also, I may be interested in your Rs as they look chrome and 18".

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by YoungCobra
Nice wheels. I'd say give it a try and be different.
Also, I may be interested in your Rs as they look chrome and 18".

That's what im thinkin...........something different. You're right the R's are chrome and 18".

CATMACH

Crazy
Established Member
A firey moat with flame proof aligators, IN
I have them on my black 03 Mach1. The 10.5 deep lips fit fine on my non IRS car, but the 9 deep lips could not fit over the 13 brakes, even with a 1/4 inch spacer, so I have the regulars on the front. There is a member here named Machman who has them also, do a search to see pics. Discount tire has them, 195 for 10.5's, 175 for 9's. They are a bit heavy(30+/-) and took a lot of weights to balance. Team III has similar wheels that are 15lbs.

BenD

Established Member
Why Halibrands?

Why in the world would you want to put practically the heaviest wheel on the Planet on your car.

Don't forget the OEM springs and shocks are designed for about 53 lbs of unsprung weight, Tire & wheel, not to mention adding more weight to an already over weight car. Lighter is always better.

Unless you are blindly in love with that wheel, scrap the whole idea, that would be my suggestion.

Look at the SSR GT's or even the CCW's they are the lightest for the under $2000. The SSR's are beautiful wheels, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread