Half mile run! need traction!

Mwynn

Established Member
Been doing the half mile run up in Clayton GA with wannagofast group for the last couple years. The best I can get on my MPSS tires is around 154mph through the traps. The surface is a concrete airstrip, I need a rear tire and wheel combo that will get me into third gear without wheel spin so I can slam the go pedal. Those damn GT-Rs, pull so hard of the line, not looking to increase mph, after lunch these events turn into grudge drag/street racing, just need a good looking wheel and drag slick that will fit a stock suspension 2013 gt 500 with track pack, does not have to be a dot approved tire, something I can take to the quarter mile track if needed. You drag racing guys chime in. Thanks, got to order me something soon, event is the end of may.

paluka21

Established Member
I just on a set of Nitto NT05Rs and they hook pretty darn good!

Yes, but the NT05R's are rated to 168mph as they carry a W. That's one of the reasons why I was going to go with an NT05R, but I went with the NT555R instead as I plan to attend quite a few shows this year and didn't want to drive w/an 05R in the rain.

ThomasL

Established Member
The surface for these events is garbage as i'm sure you know. I had good success with my Mickey Thompson ET Street II a couple months ago in Ocala.

Mwynn

Established Member
was slinging dirt in the mountains and thought I saw that red vert in blairsville at a land sale this past weeked.

Users who are viewing this thread