Hail the new king

Ba_SVT

Established Member
Here is my personal summary of the last few day's events, as told in the spirit and content of all the online magazines, forums, and posts I have read:

The Mustang is dead. After 50 years of continuous production, Ford announced yesterday that they would cancel the upcoming new Mustang. This apparently was done in response to the announcement of the inevitable SRT Hellcat. This new king of all cars, ever, is reported to gain 707 HP, run 0-60 in 2.2 seconds, and achieve a top speed of 305 mph (not yet verified).

An unnamed Ford official was heard to say, " It's just too hard now. We give up...Ford will focus now on F-150's and SmartCars." Incidentally, Ford acquired the SmartCar brand yesterday when they realized all of the previous work on any of their sports cars was now useless.

This is very disappointing news given the relative success of the Gt500 in recent years, when it used to be a car worth buying. The second cousin of someone who used to work at Shelby America was quoted as saying, " The late Carroll Shelby may have agreed with this decision, as certainly Dodge has firmly stolen the mantle of performance, reliability, and overall sweetness."

Ralph Gilles was overheard when sipping a nice Chardonnay at the Catalina wine mixer to express smugness and elation that Ford would not challenge his new creation, and in fact was hopeful that now somebody would buy the new Viper.

Attempts were made to contact somebody reputable on a a Dodge Challenger forum, but no responses were recorded as those forums appear to be suffering from shock, adulation, nonsense, and an unintended dose of shenanigans.

Reports now are that the Trinity platform has devalued to the point that a single 13-14 gt500 is currently worth negative $10,000.
I for one do not currently own a house, but I have to consider getting one in order to take out a second mortgage and write the $90,000 check for a new Hellcat (that includes the negative trade in, remember.)

And I encourage my fellow, former Ford owners to do the same...your livelihood, hair line, ability to sustain an erection, and overall sanity may depend on it.

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
HAHAHA!!! Now this was a great read,I actually had a smile right from the opening line of this thread. I think I may have to keep the Shelby and just go to poppin blue pills if things get real rough for me. Other then that thanks for the good laugh!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread