haha...most recent email from a local dealer.

Cobra3158

Established Member
This is from a local dealer near me.

It must be time to start talking very seriously about the awesome 2007 Shelby GT500. Ford auctioned off the rights to buy the first one yesterday at the Barrett-Jackson auction and it brought a staggering $600,000. Production starts in just a few months (June 2006) with deliveries expected throughout the 2007 model year. We are getting lots of phone calls and e-mails from people waving money at us to get orders in, and we're being offered too much money to not start doing something, so here's the deal.....

Ford will announce how many 2007 Shelby GT500's each dealer gets in about 5 weeks, but we figure we'll likely get 3-5. Final MSRP (Ford's suggested retail price) should be announced then, as well, and is expected to be about $40K for a GT500 coupe and about $44K for a GT500 convertible, but there are a few options available from the factory that will bump the MSRP, accordingly. With 70+ customers on our list, and only 3-5 cars coming, we knew it was going to be hard to decide how to handle these cars, so....

xxxxxx Ford will offer each of our 2007 GT500's at $10K over Ford's MSRP. To order one, we will require a deposit of $5K - $10K to specify the colors, stripes, and options desired. We already have a couple of customers who have offered to pay $10K over MSRP, so this appears to be the market price for the most powerful Mustang in Ford's history. We need to know who else is a buyer at that price so that we can narrow down our list accordingly.

Are you still interested???

They didn't mention if they'd throw in the lube for the reaming.

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
PM me that dealers name please. I'm in WA as well and am curious if it's the same dealer I have my name down with (at #3).

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Cobra3158's email from unscrupulous Ford dealer: said:
It must be time to start talking very seriously about the awesome 2007 Shelby GT500. Ford auctioned off the rights to buy the first one yesterday at the Barrett-Jackson auction and it brought a staggering $600,000.

LMAO!!.. :nonono:
TOTAL PROOF of what I was saying in our other thread, about how the "auction" that was supposed to be for "charity" was merely a publicity stunt to inlfate the price of the First GT500s sold to the real public, when they first go on sale..

They should be sued for saying it was for charity, especially when they are advertising it as blatantly as this! :mj:

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
$600,000.00, Indeed.

The car is of questionable value at its rumored 40K asking price.

Aggressive dealers now have another tool to use when they attemp to manipulate those on the "list".

It is simply amazing what people will do to win a high profile, internationally broadcast, pissing contest.

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
GT500 Pricing

I have a dealer out here in California, who expects also to add 10K to the car's MSRP....He said the markups will last about 6 months....so just hold-on and you will be able to buy these cars at MSRP towards DEC 06....These markups, though distastful, are in line with many other dealers who commenly markup new introduction models.....The Z06 is running about the same 10K markup......Dealers are in business to maximize profits, just like anyone else.....Don't like it don't fall into the trap............put your emotions behind your logic when considering a purchase........

Wizardrex

THE BIG RED SEXY
Established Member
c'mon guys lets pull out those whipples and show these fu(kers some real power.

let me see 40k for a 4000 pound car that barly dips into the 12's or 40k for a 3665 pound car that hits 10's with enough money left over to pay for Insurance and gas.

Yeah! hard choice.

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
The more I think about the B/J 600k #, the more I think it may be a good thing.

If dealers see this number and gets super greedy during the first production run, it may turn more potential buyers off. And if more buyers are turned off, the ADM's may just fall lower, faster because nobody will be buying a GT500 at crazy prices.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
It's just like the new Z06, I dont see it being a big deal...yes, would I like to have one, sure, but not willing to pay the $10k markup...on the other hand, some are willing to pay, so why shouldnt those sell them for that if someone is willing to pay it.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Wizardrex said:
c'mon guys lets pull out those whipples and show these fu(kers some real power.

let me see 40k for a 4000 pound car that barly dips into the 12's or 40k for a 3665 pound car that hits 10's with enough money left over to pay for Insurance and gas.

Yeah! hard choice.
You've seen the 1/4 mi times on the GT500? please post them so we can all see them. btw, it is a 3900 pound car.

Wizardrex

THE BIG RED SEXY
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
You've seen the 1/4 mi times on the GT500? please post them so we can all see them. btw, it is a 3900 pound car.

3920lbs. As far as 1/4 all the normal car mags est 12.9. Granted it's only an estimate but this can be fairly accurate due to a new phenomenon called math.

horsepower=weight/[ET/5.825] cubed

We have the Hp and weight. The rest is simple algaebra.

Oh! I forgot the 10k mark up and Postbans recent post on how Ford made it more difficult/expensive to mod the new shelbys.

So about 45k total on a terminator with 600whp and all the suspension mods to hold it or 50k on a shelby Stock.

Again does not take a rocket scientist to see the better deal.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Wizardrex said:
3920lbs. As far as 1/4 all the normal car mags est 12.9. Granted it's only an estimate but this can be fairly accurate due to a new phenomenon called math.

horsepower=weight/[ET/5.825] cubed

We have the Hp and weight. The rest is simple algaebra.

Oh! I forgot the 10k mark up and Postbans recent post on how Ford made it more difficult/expensive to mod the new shelbys.

So about 45k total on a terminator with 600whp and all the suspension mods to hold it or 50k on a shelby Stock.

Again does not take a rocket scientist to see the better deal.
I'm just saying, we (including you) don't know any facts about this car yet. When the Terminators came out, older Cobras with 10k in mods were better deals than the new Terms.

Don't get me wrong, I love Terminators and feel they are a good deal. But, don't come on the Shelby Forum badmouthing it and the people (you called them fu(kers) that want to buy it without real facts. When the cars are released and you have numbers to back it up, feel free to come over and throw jabs at us. :poke:

Now for my speculation...The car will have a better chassis, better motor, better interior, better suspension and IMHO, better looks. I can deal with about 240lbs for the improvements.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
fordification said:
what's the production run again? years/quantity.
officially 7000 -9000 with up to 14000 if demand dictates it (this is all from a call to SVT about 2 weeks ago). minimum 2 years.

Wizardrex

THE BIG RED SEXY
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
I'm just saying, we (including you) don't know any facts about this car yet. When the Terminators came out, older Cobras with 10k in mods were better deals than the new Terms.

Don't get me wrong, I love Terminators and feel they are a good deal. But, don't come on the Shelby Forum badmouthing it and the people (you called them fu(kers) that want to buy it without real facts. When the cars are released and you have numbers to back it up, feel free to come over and throw jabs at us. :poke:

Now for my speculation...The car will have a better chassis, better motor, better interior, better suspension and IMHO, better looks. I can deal with about 240lbs for the improvements.

I called the dearlerships Fu(kers. I get a good laugh when I go to dealerships They say oh the car has this! oh the car has that! but yet have ho idea what this or that is. I read the email. When my friend bought his terminator new the dealership couln't sell them fast enough. "what! you paid invoice? they must be hurting."

As far as "REAL numbers" all a dyno does is take a mathematical formula with info fed from the car and present it on a line graph. And each "REAL number" will be different. There will only be a range.

When you get one good 4 you call me up and we can go hit the streets. As far as better chasis, motor, interior and suspension thats debatable. The only Better mad mustangs were back in the 60's. Newer does not mean better. IMO the new stangs look fat I can't place my finger on it but something rubs me the wrong way. If you like the car thats perfectly fine. Again look at Postbans post. It seems the rods are subpar. "Estimated" at 550whp before they break. Only 150whp over stock. Not a mod friendly mustang. But like you said no one knows until the deed is done. My problem would be if and only if the 1st gen of this new motor is total crap. But no one knows. It's all speculation. it seems the cooling problem was fixed which is good but again speculation. I'm just not willing to bet 50 grand on it. But you are so good for you. Thats why I probably won't buy a "new" car too much of a gamble.

My stab was at the Stealerships. Do you really think there tagline will be "50k for this awsome looking new gen cobra. Oh but Ford engineered so it will be more difficult to mod. Which is why you want the car and we know that."

Last edited:

mrGT

Established Member
crazyhorse,

Have you heard anything on how today's layoffs and closures are going to affect production? Ford has stated that the Mustang is behind in production, but yet they refuse to tool up another plant for this line. Ford is planning on a layoff of 25-30,000 and idling 14 facilities in North America (including Canada) over the next 5-6 years and cutting production by 26% by 2008.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Wizardrex,

I misread your intent. my bad. :beer:

I'm getting cranky with all this AMV BS that is surfacing. Like you, I hope they get stuck with the cars because others find alternatives (like Terminators).

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
mrGT said:
crazyhorse,

Have you heard anything on how today's layoffs and closures are going to affect production? Ford has stated that the Mustang is behind in production, but yet they refuse to tool up another plant for this line. Ford is planning on a layoff of 25-30,000 and idling 14 facilities in North America (including Canada) over the next 5-6 years and cutting production by 26% by 2008.
No, I haven't heard anything about them. I doubt it will hurt Mustang production righ away. They are selling those without rebates and, therefore, decent profits. They will keep up with those orders as long as there is enough demand.

Retooling another factory for the Mustang would likely cost too much to be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread