Had to trade my ctsv....

ramstein

Established Member
I really loved my 2012 pullied V, but last week started having tapping noise coming from right side valve cover. Took it to a shop and ended up with a choice. Either spent 3k on complete engine disassembly and further labor intensive diagnostics with no guarantee they would even find the problem and likely facing a rebuild or.....getting rid of it. So I drove 2016 5.0 and loved it. I've owned a Terminator before but mustangs have come a long way. It is not as fast as my V was but it has more character and also has good potential for future mods. For now I'm keeping it stock (hopefully at least for a week lol), and learning about the car. I'd like to get black wheels, darker tint borla, mufflers, and drop it a bit and just enjoy it for a year or so before I start thinking a blower. I like how well it handles and how much lighter it feels compare to the V. Those are crappy cell phone pictures but this is all I have right now.
20160709_081913_resized_zpsbtrizpap.jpg
20160709_081904_resized_zpsuehszwfa.jpg

DarkMach1

Established Member
With an MT82? Careful using the word "banging".

Was a (or 2) new heads or used ones not an option?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Could have been as simple as a valve spring or bad rocker. All cheap fixes. Either way congrats on the new ride.

ramstein

Established Member
Could have been as simple as a valve spring or bad rocker. All cheap fixes. Either way congrats on the new ride.
They removed all movable parts and still couldn't find anything, except that one of the push rod was going bad, but I was told that wasn't even the issue. Set of heads, labor, retuning, being without a car for several weeks, plus I have had another issue for almost a year where the V had occasional random hesitation around 2.5k rpms and 3 different shops and 4 tuners couldn't figure out what was causing it.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
They removed all movable parts and still couldn't find anything, except that one of the push rod was going bad, but I was told that wasn't even the issue. Set of heads, labor, retuning, being without a car for several weeks, plus I have had another issue for almost a year where the V had occasional random hesitation around 2.5k rpms and 3 different shops and 4 tuners couldn't figure out what was causing it.

I hear that bud. I'm the same way. Once something annoying pops up they have to go. How is the build quality on the S550 compared to the V?

Users who are viewing this thread