Had to replace my starter today.

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Well my car had been kinda hard to start as of late and I wasn't really sure what it was until last night when the cheap ass Orielly starter I bought 6 months ago decided to take a crap while me and my fiancee' where out talking with some friends. Thank goodness they are all good friends b/c they gave me a push start so we could get home. I forgot just how heavy these cars are to push by yourself when I had to push it into my garage earlier.:( I was kind of dreading it b/c with the long tubes, there is absolutely no way it will come out with them bolted in, but it came right out and I had it all put back together in about an hour and managed to not tear either of the header gaskets. :rockon:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
how hard is it to get the top bolt off?? You can't even see it, though I'm not sure if it's the same on our cars. Thanks man.....sorry to hear of your started crapping out on ya. :(

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
There isn't a noticeable difference that I can remember. The top bolt was gravy, but LTs on a modular is a different story. Sorry. I let the car down off the jack and got at it from the top. It was actually easier to get off with the LTs, versus the shorties simply b/c there was enough room between the rear tubes to stick my hand/arm(I have large hands also) down and get a rachet wrench on it and with my old shorties there was no way in sam hell you are going to get the top bolt off from the top.

red96cobra

Drivin' on a rail
Established Member
Can't do it from the top on ours either. That top bolt is almost as much of a pita as the bottom bolt on the pass side exhaust manifold

Users who are viewing this thread