Had to pay tow fee for my motorcycle

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I'll try to make this as short as I can. I looked outside a few hours ago and there was a police officer and a tow truck next to my bike. I went outside and spoke with the officer. He said they were towing the bike bc the plates were expired and not Indiana plates (I received a warning a couple weeks ago). I explained to him that I have taken care of everything the bike is titled, plated, insured, etc and that I had gone to the police station a few days ago and the lady at the desk made a copy of my temp plate and put it in his mail box. He said he didnt check his mailbox today and that he had just gotten back from vacation. He said that since the temp plate was under my seat and not displayed on the bike he can tow it and that I either can pay the $55 tow fee or they were going to take it.

Does this sound legitimate?

I was going to go to the police station and talk to someone about it bc I did everything required to me to get the bike taken care of. It's been sitting under a cover in my apt complex parking lot.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I'll try to make this as short as I can. I looked outside a few hours ago and there was a police officer and a tow truck next to my bike. I went outside and spoke with the officer. He said they were towing the bike bc the plates were expired and not Indiana plates (I received a warning a couple weeks ago). I explained to him that I have taken care of everything the bike is titled, plated, insured, etc and that I had gone to the police station a few days ago and the lady at the desk made a copy of my temp plate and put it in his mail box. He said he didnt check his mailbox today and that he had just gotten back from vacation. He said that since the temp plate was under my seat and not displayed on the bike he can tow it and that I either can pay the $55 tow fee or they were going to take it.

Does this sound legitimate?

I was going to go to the police station and talk to someone about it bc I did everything required to me to get the bike taken care of. It's been sitting under a cover in my apt complex parking lot.

Yes, it is legit. You are required to put the temp plate on the motorcycle, it is as simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread