Had the pleasure of getting beat on by an 03 Cobra!!

04bluesrt

Established Member
What's up guy's. Had the chance to do a pull with a NICE 03 Cobra.

All he had was drag radial's, I have a 3" turbo back exhaust. Well we went from about 50-60 both in 3rd gear, He pulled me ok in 3rd but 4th is when he really started to put distance on me. Wish I had my 91 GSX, 03 cobra's stock or modded were no problem for me on the street. God I need more mod's for my SRT-4 ...

Just wanted to say the 03 Cobra by far is the only performance car I would purchase for the money, Nothing can touch it in my opinion. I would have bought one if I had the money to spend. Well just wanted to share my loss and I hope one day to be able to stay next to an 03 cobra!!! Good luck with you car's guy's.

Jarg

Established Member
What happend to your GSX. I don't have a problem with 03's in my GSX either :lol:

florida03

Banned
Nice death.
I too had a 96 GSX with all the toys.
But I learned one thing about the 03.
A few tweaks and it gets there in a hurry.
On a side note I got bored with the awd in the gsx, Cobra
does not let you forget youre behind the wheel.

Mowgli

Established Member
:lol: Sure ya do Jarg, sure ya do. *cough* penis envy *cough* I also trade UP from a GSX to the Cobra. I know which is the faster car.

Last edited:

Jarg

Established Member
Sure ya do Jarg, sure ya do. *cough* penis envy *cough* I also trade UP from a GSX to the Cobra. I know which is the faster car.
Hey, I haven't had a problem with any yet :rockon: But mine isn't stock.

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Good death. I've got respect for the SRT-4s. I beat one from a 2nd gear roll after he pulled a fender on me, only to have him come back a month later with some turbo work and pull about two cars (he jumped with no honk) before I started reeling him in. Badass little sedans. Good luck with yours.

04bluesrt

Established Member
Jarg:

What happend to your GSX. I don't have a problem with 03's in my GSX either

I got tired of the problem's that I was having and was not having any fun with it anymore. It sat in the garage up on jackstand's more than I got to drive it. So I just parted it out and let it go. I miss it that's for sure, the SRT does not have the power that the DSM did BUT NOT FOR LONG :-D ...

Thank's for all the cool comment's and hopefully the next story will be hey I stayed next to an 03 cobra!!! Later

Ed

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Turbo DSMs Fast but Fragile

Originally posted by 04bluesrt
I got tired of the problem's that I was having and was not having any fun with it anymore. It sat in the garage up on jackstand's more than I got to drive it.
Similar stories, all over the internet... Yes they can be fast, and fun...YES they break alot. Good luck with your SRT-4. :)

Pyro

Established Member
Nice Death. The SRT is still a very good package for the money and I like the fact that it's not an import. As for the DSM's, I haven't had any problems with them. On another note, what good is a car if it's always on jack stands?

04bluesrt

Established Member
venomus 03:

If I had a neon stay next to me i would shoot myself

LOL I don't know if I would shoot myself, But I will let you know what the 03 Cobra driver does when my little SRT stay's right with him like an annoying bug!!! LOL (OFCOARSE WHEN I GET MORE MODS DONE)

Blue03Cobra:

Similar stories, all over the internet... Yes they can be fast, and fun...YES they break alot. Good luck with your SRT-4.

Yes you are right they can be and are very fast. Mine went 11.0 @ 127, I loved beatin up on the Cobra's with the GSX but your right they are very tempermental car's. Here is a link to some pic's of my 91 GSX http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/sh...ort=7&perpage=12&password=&ppuser=7405&stype=

Pyro:

Nice Death. The SRT is still a very good package for the money and I like the fact that it's not an import. As for the DSM's, I haven't had any problems with them. On another note, what good is a car if it's always on jack stands?

Yeah the SRT is a great bang for your buck car I love mine!!!

Well my 91 GSX had 500 hp and was an Import, That did not bother me. I am a fan of both Domestic and Import car's.. Your right the car did me no good on Jackstand's and that is why I parted it out. Just got tired of fixing her everytime she broke and she did break often. But I do miss her:cryying: .. Later

Ed

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Re: Turbo DSMs Fast but Fragile

Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
Similar stories, all over the internet... Yes they can be fast, and fun...YES they break alot. Good luck with your SRT-4. :)

Case and point.

Jarg

Established Member
Well my 91 GSX had 500 hp and was an Import, That did not bother me. I am a fan of both Domestic and Import car's.. Your right the car did me no good on Jackstand's and that is why I parted it out. Just got tired of fixing her everytime she broke and she did break often. But I do miss her .. Later
Sounds like a beast:mj: Mines puttin down over 400 awhp, but I've had tranny probs here and there. Lucky I get trannies for $350. Overall they will last if you can take care of them though. Even if they brake down the parts are cheap as hell.

seunglee

Established Member
Id be pissed seeing a neon pull on me. If that happens, I'll sacrifice many things to make my car faster.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Originally posted by seunglee
Id be pissed seeing a neon pull on me. If that happens, I'll sacrifice many things to make my car faster.
There's always someone faster, sometimes it's a Neon, sometimes it's a truck ;-)

But like you said, it just motivates you to go even faster :-D

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
Originally posted by venomus 03
If I had a neon stay next to me i would shoot myself
:lol: damn, aint that the truth. those srt-4's are quick, but you would have to invest 20 grand in the car for it to hang with a pullied cobra.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by 04bluesrt
Well we went from about 50-60 both in 3rd gear, He pulled me ok in 3rd but 4th is when he really started to put distance on me.
Starting at 50mph the Cobra should have been in 2nd gear. You'd see quite a difference if he's been in the right gear. Good run though, and congrats on a great attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread