Had some good runs w/the leader of the pack

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Prologue: Fell asleep on my couch and was supposed to go to a coworkers second job to pick up house keys for dog sitting. Headed there to see if I could catch her no luck. Jump back on the interstate to get home, with a state trooper a car ahead of me. He is hauling a$$ but I just cruise along.

Story: After going past a few exits I notice a pack, 6 - 8 bikes, running along the parallel merge. I notice the front guy of the pack keeps jumping on it. I know he is going to do this when he finally merges. He does, so I jump up there and get next to him to let him know that there is a cop in front by pointing forward then whirling my hand around. He understands but was giving me the go on 5 signal. We cruise for a bit and I'm getting over to get off and just passed the trooper, he had someone pulled over. So the "leader" pulls next to me, as I'm slowing to get off the interstate, and revs. So I jump back over and throw it in third. He signals for me to start it, I jump he follows and damn this thing is loud. He pulls a little over a half a bike on me before I have to shift to fourth. I miss fourth and that one is his. Him - 1/Me - 0.
Okay, so I catch back up to him and we go again this time he is on my passenger side. He does three honks and we go. He is slowing pulling on me, front bumper to back tire of his bike, when I shift to fourth and start reeling him in. He what I call sports shifts his bike, kind of like us powershifting, but I'm still pulling. I hit the top of fourth and hit the brakes, his front tire was at the rear of my passenger door. He pulls next to me and signals to me asking if I'm running nitrous. I turn on my dome light and shake my head and tap my boost guage, he gives me a thumbs up. We go two more times after that with the third being the same as the second with me about half a car ahead and a draw for the last one. One of his buddies tried to stay with us on the last one and fell back pretty easy. After that his pack finally caught up to us and I flashed my lights and signaled to exit. Got a big :thumbsup: from everyone.

Epilogue: Finally got home called coworker met at her house got keys. The end.

I'm not sure the specs on the bike but I know it was CBR600 and he had at least exhuast because that thing was super loud.

Also had a run in with a couple of yuck yucks in a souped up Dodge Ram with a truck performance shop advertisement on the back window.:rolleyes: They were a waste of gas.

My only problem now is I want to see what I can do once I get the intercooler and special project finished. :coolman: Must resist urge to spend money.:cryying:

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Dayum, even if I boost the GoCart I won't be able to do that :-(

BTW, if you ever up to DC area, can I have a ride? :-D

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Outstanding

That's one venemous snake you've got there Booyah. Glad the rebuild worked out well :thumbsup: Gotta love forged internals :-D

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Dayum, even if I boost the GoCart I won't be able to do that :-(

BTW, if you ever up to DC area, can I have a ride? :-D

Sure anytime man. I was just up there last weekend at the Capital City brewery.

blackfang

Established Member
Nice Job. 600's are pretty stout from a stop, but from a roll they can be defeated. However, literbikes are a whole new game.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by blacktaurus91
awesome story man. How fast does your car actually go? Have you ever tried seeing what the top speed on it is? Or is it limited maybe.

Damn, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I ran it up to 154(says the speedo) when I was NA but never tried with boost.

Users who are viewing this thread