Had some fun with a C6 Z last Friday

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
This is just a quick video that I put together from our runs the other night at the track against a very fast C6Z

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/brockga/?action=view&current=mmp4-27-07.flv

So as you can see it was a noble death.

The C6Z runs a best of 10.3 at 131mph. It is equipped with an auto tranny(yeah I said it), a mild cam, headers, midpipe and axel back exhaust.

As for my friends EB Z06 his car has gotten some goodies from the boys over at Vengeance Racing in Cumming Ga. His car is a heads cam combo with some other supporting mods like headers, intake, and stock Ti axel back, and tune making around 480hp to the rear wheels.
The C5Z ran a best of 11.79 @ 121.5 and the 60ft was 1.84 which isn't bad on a set of drag radials that we couldn't get properly warmed up.

Anyway, it was a ton of fun to get to video the race. The owner of the Z was a really cool guy and his car was really bad ass.

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
CHINI said:
i cant see anything...
It should work now, I was trying to changing something to the link to get the video to show up in the post but it didn't work.

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
the first time my dad ran his c6 zo6 with cam, he broke the half shafts:( but it was still fun watching him go 11.0x spinning real bad

The Joker

Johnny Rev Customs
Established Member
Antagon said:
Which auto are you using?

off topic, but do you know where i can buy billet parts for a tranny?? as in i'm rebuilding mine?? its a 200R4. PM me if its to long so we don't trash his thread.

btw, sick cars man!!

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Antagon said:
Which auto are you using?

The guy with the C6 Z06 had his tranny built by RPM Transmissions. They also build some pretty bad ass T56s. I am sure you could call Rodney at RPM and they could hook you up with some parts.

Whitten

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Hows MMP? I typicaly go to Steele as its so close but Ive heard the tracks better at montgomery.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Matts00GT said:
Hows MMP? I typicaly go to Steele as its so close but Ive heard the tracks better at montgomery.

From what I could see the track is in better shape than it has ever been. Apparently they just re-poured the left lane this year so it is new all the way to the traps.

Track prep was...ehh...well lets just say the best runs of the night happened after the bracket racers made a couple passes and put down some good rubber for us.

We had a good time though, and the lines were long enough to let you cool your motor down in between runs but short enough that we got 18 runs in 3 hours at the track.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
I wish I had NEVER dumped the EB...it was showroom....literally.

I got the black one on 4/12.

Users who are viewing this thread