Had Problems with 20" rims on your gt500?

shootingun

Established Member
Has anyone had any problems with 20" wheels on there Shelby Gt500? My dad has an 08 Gt500 and put Shelby type S1 20's on it. After a couple weeks the tire would rub on the wheel well when he went over bumps, and took some of the paint off. Then it rusted, so he ended up selling the the wheels and it cost him $400 to get the rust off and paint back on. I have a 08 Gt500 as well i really want to get 20's for street driving and keep the stock wheels for racing. Almost ever aftermarket wheel i see on gt500's are 20's, If anyone can help me out i would really appreciate some info thanks.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sounds like he did not have the proper backspacing and the wheels did not fit. If you have the right backspacing for the size you want (20x10, 20x11), no worries.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
correct. need proper backspacing, which shelby wheels are not exactly known for :read:

ive got a set of brand new 3 piece 20s ill be listing up for sale at a discounted price. theyve got the proper backspacing to run a nice fat tire. :thumbsup:

shootingun

Established Member
Awsome thanks alot guys i'm probably going to get them. i was looking for ease of mind and i got thanks again ill post pics if i get them.

Users who are viewing this thread