Had fun at midnite madness 10/2

buckinwild

Established Member
Went out to track tonight, watched the race program then entered into the midnite madness show afterwards. I made roughly 5 passes, the first in particular was with another mach1 an 03, he had a best pass of 8.85 during eliminations so as i was pulling at roughly a car lenght at the stripe i got excited thinking i had a fantastic pass, it was [email protected]. had a few other 8.9's tonight and a 9.1/9.2. mph was avg, 81/82. It was a better night for me and car than last time. my neibor was there and sorta advised me what the car was doing on the launch, i tried to stage in the sections beside the groove that still had vht coated but i figure i either lose time from tirespin or pedaling the throttle to control tirespin all the same. My wife may have a job lined up soon, I think 4.10's, forged 28 splines, a set of dr's and catback are on the shortlist.

buckinwild

Established Member
OMG! wild turkey and xanax! i vaguely remember posting the original post LOL. Anyhow, we all had a good time this friday, the 03 mach owner and his buddies was cool, we bs'd for awhile after the pass. His was stock as stock can get, just bought still had temp tag in window. I showed him what few mods id done to mine, he was really impressed in the difference with the short throw shifter, i checked his out and second gear the knob was damn near in the cup holder. A guy down the street from me brought out his sub'y, its been modded out pretty good, i never got to see his pass but was told he ran 8.1 and i have no reason to doubt it, he spent enough to buy another car in mod's alone i think. The only thing that sucked that night was having to spend another 20 admission fee for midnite madness after spending 20 for the drags but it was worth it this weekend. I'm looking at catbacks, kinda stuck between a stainless version of flowmaster, bassani, or stingers. im leaning to stingers right now. i dont wanna get to radical with the car but i wanna get the most out of it without engine mods. I figure the 4.10's, catback, dr's w/forged axles and tune should knock off a solid .5 from the et. sound about right?

clc44

Established Member
Ya, I'm thinking SSS exhaust but can't decide on which series. Buck, what was your 60' times at the track? On street tires or DR?

buckinwild

Established Member
Ya, I'm thinking SSS exhaust but can't decide on which series. Buck, what was your 60' times at the track? On street tires or DR?
I'm guessing the 60's are around 2.1-2.2 thats what they were once when I went for test and tune, the et's and mph was about the same then as now. I'm on street nitto 555's at the moment, 285's in rear. The track doesn't hand out timeslips during midnite madness unfortunately, all you can do is have someone in the stands to watch the scoreboards for et and mph. I'm really liking what I've seen and heard about the sss catback, polished stainless steel front to rear not just tips only, good fit, good sound, great price compared to other systems of same caliber and I like the rolled edge on the tips also. I'll probably get mine in a couple weeks once i get the big ole severance check from my soon to be former employers, and at some point hopefully sooner than later they'll be a 4.10's, axles, tune and dr's.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Went out to track tonight, watched the race program then entered into the midnite madness show afterwards. I made roughly 5 passes, the first in particular was with another mach1 an 03, he had a best pass of 8.85 during eliminations so as i was pulling at roughly a car lenght at the stripe i got excited thinking i had a fantastic pass, it was [email protected]. had a few other 8.9's tonight and a 9.1/9.2. mph was avg, 81/82. It was a better night for me and car than last time. my neibor was there and sorta advised me what the car was doing on the launch, i tried to stage in the sections beside the groove that still had vht coated but i figure i either lose time from tirespin or pedaling the throttle to control tirespin all the same. My wife may have a job lined up soon, I think 4.10's, forged 28 splines, a set of dr's and catback are on the shortlist.
try shifting at diff points.. for what mods you have your a wiii bit slower than my car with stock tires and no tune try slipping the clutch or dumping at 2500 thats what i do and grip like a mofo

buckinwild

Established Member
try shifting at diff points.. for what mods you have your a wiii bit slower than my car with stock tires and no tune try slipping the clutch or dumping at 2500 thats what i do and grip like a mofo
I may try revving up and letting the clutch out slower than normal but any kind of dump and its gonna freespin effortlessly. I did play a little with the 1-2 shift point to an extent shifting earlier only seemed to spin 2nd worse. I pulled the stock mach slightly in 3rd so no doubt i've got horsepower gains from mods its just the less than 100% hooked up passes don't show it. I'll try poking the clutch a little next time to see if it'll get it to hook quicker, don't know how i forgot that little trick, i cut a couple tenths off my time when i was running my gt out there a few years ago 9.4 to 9.2. Maybe a driver mod is in order:rolling:

clc44

Established Member
Just keep at it, if you get the SSS post up a clip. I just can't decide on SSS or Spintech. I will probably go with the Adrenaline series if I choose SSS.

Monster Mach

Established Member
you should be able to get those times down easily just last night i ran and did a 2.35 60 and did my eight in a 9.0 at 84. still with less mods and shitty tires and no tune.. i shift into second at 6800 and shift into third at around 6900

buckinwild

Established Member
Just keep at it, if you get the SSS post up a clip. I just can't decide on SSS or Spintech. I will probably go with the Adrenaline series if I choose SSS.
I gonna def. go with one of the SSS's and leaning towards the adrenaline also, I'll post a clip up after. We went out to track last night and I managed to bump the mph up to 83. et still in 8.9. I'll keep at it though.

buckinwild

Established Member
you should be able to get those times down easily just last night i ran and did a 2.35 60 and did my eight in a 9.0 at 84. still with less mods and shitty tires and no tune.. i shift into second at 6800 and shift into third at around 6900
I need to get out to test and tune so I can get some timeslips but it clashes with my work schedule, that shouldn't be a problem after the 15th:D. The 03 mach thats running out there is pretty much stock and he did an 8.8x pass on stock width tires, here is a video of another mach making a 8.7 pass at the same track on stock looking tires also [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fu0U44kqVQ"]YouTube - Mach 1[/nomedia]. Beginning to think I dont know how to drive:)

Monster Mach

Established Member
it takes time lol.. when i had fresh tires i was pulling 8.6's on my local track in ny.. now im lucky as hell to pull 8.8 at mir lmao my girlfriend thinks im a liar because i dont grip off the line and wonders how the hell i pulled 8.8's let alone faster.. i spin till about 40 no matter how i launch.. if i floor it in first it spins.. new tires i can launch it sucessfully but then again im on pzero nero's that are only a 235 :X time for some 555r's that are a little wider like a 265..

Users who are viewing this thread