Had a scare tonight (BOOM!)

spanky777will

Established Member
after work tonight a co worker has never gone for a ride in my truck and wanted to . it was 65 degrees out nice night no traffic. turned onto the street and kinda opened it up to about 85. slowed down to 55 and nailed it to show how easy the back end comes out and around. turned around and kinda got on it and cruised about 2-3 miles. turned back around and came close to a dead stup so i could do a true 1st gear pull. floored it, feathered it, gets to the top of first gear right where it should shift then

BAM!!!!!

i pop it into neutral look at my tack and it's struggeling to stay running at about 500rpms then dies. i coast into a lighted parking lot and hook up my scanner to see if any codes...none. i hop out look underneith and find nothing dripping or metal hanging out. look under the hood and find nothing. check all my fluids...all good. i hop back in and try to start it and she kicks right over and runs fine

i drive home and right before i get home i notice my autometer boost gauge is not working. i get home in my garage and start looking everything over and everything looks in tact. i look between the blower and the intake and i find the nipple where a vac line goes into POPPED OFF!!!!! that nipple runs to the fuel pressure regulator and my boost gauge. it's the only connection after the supercharger that is under pressure. i guess 18psi and 600+ hp is too much for it:

picture_082.jpg

any high boosted whipple trucks have the problem of it popping off. i need to thing of a way to secure it better that will still make it look good.

sorry for the rant just a story of my event filled night

Will

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
whew, saw the title of this thread, and thought. There goes another L due to cold weather.

Glad it was something minor.

Users who are viewing this thread