Had a run with Pike5.0 from this forum

okc12silvergt

Established Member
Ran Pike5.0 today to kinda see where are cars are and the differences between the mods we have. I have JLT CAI, Boss intake manifold, full exhaust, Bama 93 oct tune. My car made 413 RWHP.

He has CAI, O/R xpipe, catback, 3.73 gears, AED tune on E85

We went from a 40 roll. Right off the hit I jump out on him pull a car length ahead and held it to about 120. Good run car runs good. We will certainly hook it up again and do some other roll speeds to see the difference in gearing.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Wow gonna see alot of butt hurt from this race. Bama tune pulling on a AED tuned car damn good kill man!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Didnt expect that outcome. I know the Boss IM helps top end but I'd assume the E85 car would take it. Good kill either way OP.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sounds like that full exhaust setup helped you get the jump out on him.. Interesting to see the bama tune overachieving.

Needs to get the most out of that e85 with some long tubes and a manifold

b_dike

Established Member
It usually helps to post what it is your driving somewhere in the thread. Maybe it's in your name... :shrug: maybe I can just leave it up to my imagination... :poke:

Blackoyote

Established Member
It usually helps to post what it is your driving somewhere in the thread. Maybe it's in your name... :shrug: maybe I can just leave it up to my imagination... :poke:

I'm guessing an 12' GT based on his name, and the mods listed, vs. another 11-14 GT. Sounds like some good racing OP.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Ran Pike5.0 today to kinda see where are cars are and the differences between the mods we have. I have JLT CAI, Boss intake manifold, full exhaust, Bama 93 oct tune. My car made 413 RWHP.

He has CAI, O/R xpipe, catback, 3.73 gears, AED tune on E85

We went from a 40 roll. Right off the hit I jump out on him pull a car length ahead and held it to about 120. Good run car runs good. We will certainly hook it up again and do some other roll speeds to see the difference in gearing.

Wow...I have been "taught" that your car should be approaching 450 RWHP? What dyno did you have it on?

Rct851

Established Member
Plenty of 5.0s with his mods making 435-450. 1 dyno number isn't the gospel. I don't think he mentioned if he was catless or not. That could be 10hp plus maybe 5-10 from a "better" tune. That would put him just over 430 which is more the norm

Rct851

Established Member
But on topic of the race story. If you jump a car real fast then held it to 120 without pulling it sounds like you for the hit then te cars ran about the same

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
But on topic of the race story. If you jump a car real fast then held it to 120 without pulling it sounds like you for the hit then te cars ran about the same

With op having headers, I'm sure that also helped him get that initial jump with the nice low and mid range long tubes give you.

LS1FTMFW

Banned
i would think 3.73s would hurt the op because he would only have one usable gear past 100-110.

3.73s in the MT-86 is like 4.56's in a T-56 in my f body.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread