Had a nitrous misshap

1quick

Established Member
Friday I loaded a new tune for my 100 shot, I had just data logged the car 2 days before on an older tune and didn't drive it or change anything, the only thing I can think of that would have been different was I didn't pay attention to the bottle pressure before I left my house to do the first pull so it was possible that it wasn't completely heated up to full pressure yet, so onto Friday's pull I roll into it at 3k rpm in 3rd gear and I get a small backfire out the intake a little smoke and what not, I pull over turn the car off and the bottle and pop the hood, the cai is hot but no real dammage that I can see just scared the crap out of me, so I start the car back up it starts fine drive it home and pull the the cold air intake off to see the maf had melted, order a new one the new maf will be here tomorrow, what areas should I look at just to be certain the intake manifold isn't cracked or what other things could have been affected, the car is a 14 gt auto with just off road h over the axel pipes, jlt intake and a 4c converter

Thanks

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
Well, that's too bad. Nitrous does require a bit of detail orientation. If the car runs properly, isn't showing and signs of vac leaks like a racing idle or stumbling, you should be fine.

What was the new tune attempting to change?

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Start your nitrous higher in the rpms. There will be less tendencey for fuel puddling in the intake.

1quick

Established Member
I was just having the tuner take a look at it and he made some adjustments I'm not sure what all he changed, I sprayed 5 bottles through it on the old tune no problems

Users who are viewing this thread