had a ford tech come over

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
after i changed out the pumps with some connectors i made up from radio shack the truck started up and stayed running for about 30 seconds, then the pressure dropped off and the truck died. the tech hooked up a pressure guage to the rail and we found out that the truck was leaking pressure faster then normal. the tech said it had to be the regulator. we poped off the vacuum line on it and he said fuel might squirt out but it didnt so he said it had to be internal.

so a new regulator is in order. now which one should i get? i wanna get an adjustable one... just dont know anything about brand names or vendors for them.

i also took off the focus pumps and the plastic Y and installed the walbro 255 pumps from LFP and a metal Y

the tech thought on why the truck would stay running with the 255 pumps and not with the focus pumps is cause they were pumping more fuel through at the same voltage makeing it able to get fuel past the regulator, and to where with the focus pumps only being 190 they werent pushing fuel past the regulator since it is leaking. which would explain why i didnt have any fuel on the valve on the passenger side fuel rail.

does that sound like it makes sense????

IMG_4901.jpg

IMG_4903.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

DSC02183.jpg

DSC02176.jpg

DSC02174.jpg

DSC02173.jpg

Last edited:

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
daum, that some clean a$$ work their. i should have done that. i dont think you'll ever have problems with those pumps for a verry, verry, long time. kick a$$ job. bro.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
CHUXSVT said:
daum, that some clean a$$ work their. i should have done that. i dont think you'll ever have problems with those pumps for a verry, verry, long time. kick a$$ job. bro.
thanks. now i hope the regulator is the problem.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
Damn dude, that blows so much ass. I hope you get it fixed quick. I know you miss it. Good luck with it being the regulator.

P.S. I thought about that video you had.........I blew by a parked Lincoln the other day and set off their alarm. haha

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
That sounds like waaayy too much trouble for me. I don't have the patience for that. Nice work though!

Users who are viewing this thread