had a busy hot sunday

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
well i finally got some time and dove right into cleaning the intercooler. wow what a job for the first time. not to mention while i was at it i replaced the ic pump flushed out the ic and rad while i was under the hood. it didnt help that it was about 95 deg all day.. heres the only pic i had time to take bbut the results were worth it, now when heat soaked the truck feels like im driving in 60deg weather
IMG00001-20090816-1112.gif

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
I so need to get off my a$$ and do that to my L but im being held back by how hard it would be to remove the s/c

slowcoupe89

holic of many variations
Established Member
I'm about to tackle a similar task now that it seems I have a plug/coil pack down.

How much of a PITA was it to remove the SC and clean the intercooler?

MJG

Established Member
I'm about to tackle a similar task now that it seems I have a plug/coil pack down.

How much of a PITA was it to remove the SC and clean the intercooler?

With the how to, really not all that bad. Just remember to be careful with the gaskets and you can re-use them. Label the hoses and take pics before you touch anything and you could use them for reference when putting back together.
Might want to do a plug change while you're down there, 10x easier with the blower off.:beer:

stangit00

Established Member
With the how to, really not all that bad. Just remember to be careful with the gaskets and you can re-use them. Label the hoses and take pics before you touch anything and you could use them for reference when putting back together.
Might want to do a plug change while you're down there, 10x easier with the blower off.:beer:

+1 on all of that. I reused everything. Plug change is a breeze with nothing in the way. I label every wire, hose, and vacuum line. Way easier than I thought it would be the first time I did it.

chip moore

Established Member
I did my first S/C removal about three years ago. It took about 45 min to get the blower off the first time, and around 1hr to change plugs taking my time, gaping, and antiseizeing them. The hardest part for me was getting the blower out of the engine bay LOL !!! Man that thing was NASTY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread