Hackett's time is running out and Lincoln becomes Chinese brand

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lincoln wants to be a relevant brand again?

Make Continental make a RWD platform. Add AWD to a rear drive platform. Add 5.0L Coyote to engine options. Until it competes with 7 series, S-Class or Lexus LS its a failure.

They NEED a 3 series/C-class/IS fighter. RWD.

Whatever they have in store with the Baby Bronco, make a Lincoln version of it. Not just a badge job either, make it a genuine entry level luxury vehicle.

Current Navigator, new Aviator design language is a step in the right direction.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Lincoln wants to be a relevant brand again?

Make Continental make a RWD platform. Add AWD to a rear drive platform. Add 5.0L Coyote to engine options. Until it competes with 7 series, S-Class or Lexus LS its a failure.
Lincoln is not competing against the V series or M series. So why does it need to be RWD or have a V8? The top engine already has 400HP and 400TQ. Why should Ford invest 100s of millions of dollars in creating a unique platform for Lincoln when it plans on killing off the Continental in a couple of years.

Lincoln is going back to its roots of offering quiet luxury. Their customers do not care if it is RWD or AWD, V6 or V8. The head of Lincoln was on Autoline Detroit and he explained through surveys Lincoln customers simply do not care.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lincoln is not competing against the V series or M series. So why does it need to be RWD or have a V8? The top engine already has 400HP and 400TQ. Why should Ford invest 100s of millions of dollars in creating a unique platform for Lincoln when it plans on killing off the Continental in a couple of years.

Lincoln is going back to its roots of offering quiet luxury. Their customers do not care if it is RWD or AWD, V6 or V8. The head of Lincoln was on Autoline Detroit and he explained through surveys Lincoln customers simply do not care.
Thats precisely Lincoln's problem. They are irrelevant BECAUSE they only cater to "Lincoln customers". If they genuinely have plans to only cater to people they think are core customers, they they need to shutter Lincoln.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Everyone keeps saying Lincoln doesn't do shit here yet every time the numbers are released they get closer and closer to the other major luxury brands and Ford is boosting production of the Expedition/Navigator another 20% and they sold almost 18k Navigators last year. They hace sold almost 25k vehicles in the 1st quarter and they are within 10k units of Acura, Infiniti, and Cadillac. What do you think is going to happen when they release the new Aviator and Corsair that comes out soon? Corsair is replacing the MKC I believe but the Aviator is an all new model that is going to sell like crazy if it is anything on par with how they executed the Nav. They outsell Jaguar by over double and Volvo by a few thousand so I dont understand how Lincoln is not a viable product, especially with how much potential growth there is with the brand.

View attachment 1565402 View attachment 1565403

Relative to Cadillac I think it is more a comment on the free fall in cadillac's business than the strength of Lincoln. They did hit it out of the park with the navigator though, it blows away the escalade and frankly range rover too. If I was in the market for a pimp ride that would be 1st with the Volvo prestige (IIRC) in 2nd place.

Users who are viewing this thread