H22 Powered Hatch vs. Nikkita

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
This was GREAT!

I was driving down a two-lane highway and out of nowhere, a bright green Honda hatch speeds into the right lane. HE HAD DUAL EXHAUST!!! :dw:

We catch a light in this TINY town and I pull next to him. I then notice a GIANT tach on his dash and a bunch of tiny gauges. So, I roll down the window and say hey.

Guy turns and asked if the Mustang was stock. I said yea, for the most part. He then says "well, I've got a built H22 in this", and revs it up.:lol1:

Light turns green and I count 1....2....3 before stomping on it! I hit 2nd and pulled like MAD! I thought I was going to blow his tach off! Ran into 3rd for a second, just to put a couple bus lengths on him.:burnout:

As I look in the rearview I see him turn off, to go to what I would assume to be a corner to go pout in..............:bash:

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
Well, he had VTACH too............so, if we went from a 60 roll, VTACH would have kicked in and little fairies would have farted nitrous into the cylinders!

Taneras

Established Member
It's always tough to judge what those suckers have. Some are sporting built motors with 20+psi and are gutted, some are mildly upgraded and are 13 second cars.

Good kill :)

Kiohtee

Established Member
You have an almost 11-second car, which by the way isn't stock for the most part. The only real Honda's and Acura's I see giving you a good run for your money is a K20A/K20A2-powered car.

Good kill though.

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
You have an almost 11-second car, which by the way isn't stock for the most part. The only real Honda's and Acura's I see giving you a good run for your money is a K20A/K20A2-powered car.

Good kill though.

lol, oh I know it. It seemed like this guy was just WAY too cocky.

I did run into a J32 powered 2-door at the track that was running 12's! Pretty cool build.

Kiohtee

Established Member
J-powered cars are, uh... I don't know. I personally don't like them. They're fine motors in the cars they're supposed to be. But even a stock J will spin the wheels of a Civic like mad. And it used to be they couldn't be lowered or you'd have to cut the hood to make it fit properly (although I think now there is a fix to be able to lower).

I'd like to see a EK sedan with a automatic J32. Stock interior/exterior.

justinr1001

Established Member
It's always tough to judge what those suckers have. Some are sporting built motors with 20+psi and are gutted, some are mildly upgraded and are 13 second cars.

Good kill :)

Tell me about it. I was in my mach 1 and ran into an old prelude that looked beat to shit. He pulled next to me on the interstate and wanted to run. I figured sure, why not. It would be an easy kill. Well after he put buses on me he slowed down and said it was turbo, and made over 400 whp lol.

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
Tell me about it. I was in my mach 1 and ran into an old prelude that looked beat to shit. He pulled next to me on the interstate and wanted to run. I figured sure, why not. It would be an easy kill. Well after he put buses on me he slowed down and said it was turbo, and made over 400 whp lol.

LOL, had this happen when I had a bolt-on SRT4. A friend wanted to run his hatch one night..............I took the bait.:nonono:

I didn't know any better and got my ass handed to me! It was a K-series swap on spray. I mean, my SRT was good for 13.2@108mph and this Civic left me like I smashed the brakes!

Users who are viewing this thread