H&R Springs........

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
Hi,

I am looking into H&R Springs and was wondering which one would be better for a daily driver. Either the Sport, Super Sport, Race, Super Race. I have seen a few 03's with Super Sport on here, but am worried about the stiffness due to the roads that are in my city. Thanks for your help.

Zach

Brad

Banned
Super sports here

I like them alot! You'll bottom out if you're not careful, but I live in Boston, so dont get me started.

z5.jpg

low1.jpg

low2.jpg

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
Super sports here

I like them alot! You'll bottom out if you're not careful, but I live in Boston, so dont get me started.

How is the ride compared to stock? Did you need caster/camber plates? Is the ride bouncy? Sorry for all the questions. I have used H&R in the past on other cars, and the ride has been fairly good, but definitely not like stock. Car looks wicked. :thumbsup:

yermo

Established Member
i have the SS and they look great i think that my car sits a little lower than Brads. the place that i had it done put the Race springs on (that is what i wanted) originally and said that it didn't look good they then took them off and put on the SS springs and it looks great. i also have the caster/camber, super-subs and irs bushings. you will not believe the difference that these mods make it is night and day difference.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I have been going over and over wich one to buy also. Steeda told me the other day they have a new one also from there SS. I dont plan on using the CC plates. So how far its dropped does make a difference whether I can have those spring. I need about 1.25 to 1.5
the H&R people and users said they were experiencing 1.78 or more.

I kinda already have problems with low ride for our area with our Saleen wich is about 1.25 lower.

I didnt know they offered all those differnt springs. Maybe I was looking at the wrong one?

umustdv8

Established Member
I have the SS's in the box and going in on Friday. I'm hoping for that slamed look. You'll need the caster plates for proper wheel alignment.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Our Saleen is lowered 1.25 to 1.5 and it still can be aligned fine. My alignment guy said if i go lowerer then have to have them. thats why my concern with the wich ones i buy for the cobra. i kinda want for the stock look but lower mean. Not the real modded lower look,

But I have to say brads car doesnt look like that at all! Looks awsome

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i'm pretty happy w/ the super sports. they work pretty well w/ the stock bilsteins. you won't scrape much if you're careful - the little black valance up front usually gets more abuse than anything else. if you go w/ the bassani catted x or maybe longtubes, you might not be able to clear a coke can. ;-) definitely rougher ride than stock but not that bad. re: cc plates, quite a few ppl recommend the maximum motorsports. mm also carries the h&r's so you could get them both from there if you like.

here's another pic for reference:

cobra_02.jpg

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Very happy with the Super Sports and MM CC plates on my 03 Mach...pics available by clicking on the link in my sig...:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread