H&R spring question

SVT Chic

Established Member
I'm ordering the H&R springs for my 2001 cobra with IRS and I'm trying to figure out if the sports are lower or the race, anybody know for sure???

AzDropTop

Established Member
There was just a thread around here the other day on this but I can't remember. :bash: Look back a few days and you'll probably find it.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
sports are lower, too low for me.. kept scraping and bottoming out even with the '00r springs.
I have the Race springs now.

GodStang

Established Member
Hey Omslaw is that a Karman Gia in front of your car? Looks to me that the Sports sit lower. Looks like my car but mineis not lowered.

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by GodStang
Hey Omslaw is that a Karman Gia in front of your car? Looks to me that the Sports sit lower. Looks like my car but mineis not lowered.

I forget what kind of car that was. It's my cousin's house and he was letting someone park there for a little while.

Yeah, the the sports are tons lower. It's just too bad H&R don't know that.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Omslaw--- nice car :beer: Gotta love the chrome 00Rs :rockon:

Race springs are on my list of 2-dos

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by 99COBRA2881
Omslaw--- nice car :beer: Gotta love the chrome 00Rs :rockon:

Race springs are on my list of 2-dos

Thanks. :beer: I'm getting coil-overs installed this Saturday. I can't wait. :rockon:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Are you gonna sell the front H&R Race springs? Although, Id prolly play hell trying to find a set of just rear H&Rs..

kaos

Established Member
Are you gonna sell the front H&R Race springs? Although, Id prolly play hell trying to find a set of just rear H&Rs..

I won't be selling them just yet. I want to make sure that all is well with the coil-overs in case I need to go back to the springs if something doesn't work out. But if I do and none of my friends want them I will give you first crack at them. But it could be a while until I decide I won't need them though.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Sounds good or I may just say hell with it and buy from these guys cheapest price on H&Rs that Ive found so far, only $225 plus $30 S&H

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33582&item=2477319498&rd=1

If none of your friends want them and you decide you dont need them anymore send me a message. Thanks

What Coil overs are you going with? What else have you done Im pretty unsure what a coilover install takes to get it done. Ive swapped spindles on my 87 5.0 to SN95 5 lugs but never messed with tthe coil springs/shocks.

kaos

Established Member
Sounds good or I may just say hell with it and buy from these guys cheapest price on H&Rs that Ive found so far, only $225 plus $30 S&H

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33582&item=2477319498&rd=1

If none of your friends want them and you decide you dont need them anymore send me a message. Thanks

What Coil overs are you going with? What else have you done Im pretty unsure what a coilover install takes to get it done. Ive swapped spindles on my 87 5.0 to SN95 5 lugs but never messed with tthe coil springs/shocks.

Will do. I'll save this thread if I don't remember or you can send me a pm in a month or two to see where I'm at.

I'm getting the MM coil-overs. I debated whether to do the install myself or have it done. I decided to just somebody do it since I couldn't get past the first part in the instructions for the rears. I can't get that stupid thing off. I don't even know what it's called. With something like this I would feel a little safer having someone who's done it a few times, I had to many questions for me to feel safe. To get an idea of the install go here. http://www.maximummotorsports.com/instructions/MMCO-1r1.pdf
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/instructions/MMCO-1r1.pdf

SVT Chic

Established Member
I got the H&R sports from tire rack($231 shipped), the super sports were for non IRS and I have IRS so I got the sports. It says it should give 1.6 front and 1.5 rear, that'll be good enough for me having the 315's and all it should even out well.

Users who are viewing this thread