H&R: Sport vs Race

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I race open track about 3-5 times a year so it's time to acutally lower my cobra. Yes, after over 7 years of owning it I'm now going to lower it.
Here's the problem, where i live the driveway is really steep that I always rub my front bumper and it's irritating. My brother lowered his car with some springs that he doesn't know what brand they are :??: and when he drives out of the drive way you here some really nasty metal scrapping.
I don't want this to happen to my car. So i really need the H&R's that lower it the least. According to H&R, the Race lowers it the most, but my buddy says that there are rumors about how the Race actually lowers it the least.
Im so damn confused and I need your help. Thanks to any one that gives insight. :beer:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I've had the Sports and the Race, my sports were ALOT lower than my Race. Both of them had the bottom ISO's. I dont have any pics or I would post them up. Be sure you keep both ISO's in and take your driveway at an angle. You'll love your car lowered though!

BBCOBRA

Established Member
The super sports do lower the car more than the race springs. I'd suggest the race springs.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
If you want the one that lower it the least and handle better get the race. The sports slam the car and it tends to bottem out on bigger bumps. I've had both and for your needs the race would be better.

DICobra

Established Member
i've had the sports and the race, my sports were alot lower than my race. Both of them had the bottom iso's. I dont have any pics or i would post them up. Be sure you keep both iso's in and take your driveway at an angle. You'll love your car lowered though!

+1...

SpectorV

Established Member
Also if you plan to track your car you will be more interested in handling than looks. They say the best handling comes when the A Arm is even with the K member~ I am not sure if this is accurate its just what I have heard. If this is the case you wont need but 1-1.2 inches if I remember right and the SS springs will drop more than that, the Race might as well (nothing some thicker isolators wont cure)

I was told the race springs are 720 front/rear rate (progressive rate)

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I've had the Sports and the Race, my sports were ALOT lower than my Race. Both of them had the bottom ISO's. I dont have any pics or I would post them up. Be sure you keep both ISO's in and take your driveway at an angle. You'll love your car lowered though!

Thanks for everyone's input. Im glad I asked before I went out and bought the Sport Springs. Looks like I;m getting some Race springs for X-mas. :rockon:

BBCOBRA

Established Member
Thanks for everyone's input. Im glad I asked before I went out and bought the Sport Springs. Looks like I;m getting some Race springs for X-mas. :rockon:

That's what I was going with but I cut my stock springs 3/4 coil just to try it out. I like mine just fine like it is. those race springs have alot of good reviews.

SpectorV

Established Member
another odd thing was going from 500lb rate vert OEM setup on my 03 to the H&R race the ride really didnt get much more stiff just normal driving, probably 15% more.

gat0r

Established Member
your going to scrape regardless, if your driveway is as steep as you state.
research air ride & save up, if you like it.

monX

Established Member
I have sport springs and LOVE them. they give the car the perfect height for me, handles great and comfortable ride.

IMG_0380.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread