H&R Sport Spring and Isolator ?

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Had the snake lowered with the H&R Sport Springs with MM iso's all around. The front is just right, but the back needs to be lowered a bit more for my taste. (want to get rid of the rake)

I want to remove either the top iso's or bottom ones in the rear.

What iso do you guys generally remove in the rear if you only want it lowered a tad? The top or bottom iso's? Does it even matter? :beer:

Thanks! :beer:

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I took out the top and have had no problems.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Had the snake lowered with the H&R Sport Springs with MM iso's all around. The front is just right, but the back needs to be lowered a bit more for my taste. (want to get rid of the rake)

I want to remove either the top iso's or bottom ones in the rear.

What iso do you guys generally remove in the rear if you only want it lowered a tad? The top or bottom iso's? Does it even matter? :beer:

Thanks! :beer:

post pix the way it is now please! thank you!

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
post pix the way it is now please! thank you!

Here you go:

Misc250.jpg

Misc255.jpg

if you take bigv's advise and it comes out looking like his sig shot, you win. his car looks sex.

His car does look bad ass, but I have the sport springs and he has the race springs.

I just want the ass end to squat a bit more and I will be happy. I think I'll try taking out the top ones and see how it sits/rides.

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
looks sick man, you have a great looking car, thanx for the pix!

are those 10.5's in the back?

update us on what you think about it with the top ISO's out!

thanks again!

Havoc331

Established Member
OP, If you took out those MM Iso's out of the rear i bet you will be more than hppy with the stance. If you didn't know those MM Iso's are thicker than stock so they will raise you up a bit more

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
MM isos are way thicker. But I would remove the top first, I put dynomat on mine, and so far no noise.

Double-D

'03 10th Anniv. Cobra Cpe
Established Member
MM isos are way thicker. But I would remove the top first, I put dynomat on mine, and so far no noise.
I'm still experimenting...pulled the top out and had nothing but noise (though I liked the drop), just finished reinstalling the top iso and pulling out the lower. Will see what that does. The dynamat option on top sounds like a great idea.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Misc255.jpg

what size spacers you have in the back? are those 17x10.5s? looking good.

Thanks for the compliment. They are 17x10.5 with lethal's 3/8 spacer kit. Runnin' fat meats also helps get that tuff wide ass look. (BFG 315's)
Misc254.jpg

When I dropped the car I went along with MM iso's all around knowing they are thicker than factory simply because I didn't want the tires rubbing the fenders, but as you can see in the pics the rear def. needs some lowering. I'll try taking out the top iso's and post pics for comparison.

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
2K car looking freaking sick :rockon:. Double d I would try the dynomat. I used some old used dynomat too. So far not one noise. I fiqure if it does break done I just gotta replace it, which is easy anyways.

Nino S

Established Member
wow that looks sick!! I have been going back and forth on the race or sport springs with MM ISO's and I think I am going to go with the sports and MM iso's all the way around after seeing these pics! any shot with the top rear isos removed?

jliddle

Established Member
Are the MM iso's thicker front and rear?

Are there a difference in thickness between the top and bottom rear iso's?

Users who are viewing this thread