• Steeda ride higher than H&R Race

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • H&R Race ride higher than Steeda

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
Although the low H&R Sports look great, they're too low b/c I don't want scraping. I'm thinking I want the least amount of drop in lowering springs to avoid scraping.

People with them. What do you think?

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
I have Steeda Comp springs on my S/C Mach, which I think would be very similar to your Cobra. When I had 17's I had a bad problem going over speed bumps or pulling out onto roads with a raised curb. With my 18's on now its not much of a problem at all even with BBK long tubes.

I've never had a problem with my springs either, I dont know what ^^ hes talking about.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
had a bunch of issue`s with thier stuff on my mach1 & their customer service f-ed me over too so thats why i hate their stuff

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
with aftermarket isos, I honestly can't tell the difference between steedas and stock springs...it would be all handling at that point, right? No other difference really?

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
with aftermarket isos, I honestly can't tell the difference between steedas and stock springs...it would be all handling at that point, right? No other difference really?

I had steeda's on my '01 Cobra and it dropped it about 1 3/4". I liked the look and handling. It didn't scrape that often, but more than I wanted.

I think the '03 rides different than the '01. If I go steeda again, I'll get mm iso's to bring it up a little. I'm thinking they will ride better than the h&r race springs, but there's a lot of race spring fans out there.:)

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
if you are looking for the least amount drop i'd say get the steeda springs if you are looking for a nice drop with good handling i say get the h&r race springs. i had the h&r race springs on my previous cobra and they gave the car a nice drop. the drop was lower than steeda but higher than h&r sport. the car handled alot better with the race springs. my friend has the steeda springs on his cobra and he says it handles good but imho the h&r race springs sit a tad lower and still handle great. i also never had a problem with speed bumps,scraping, etc.

VincodeY

Established Member
It's hard to compare when you haven't had both sets. However, H&R is well known for making quality stuff while Steela just likes putting their brand on other people's parts. I have H&R race with no iso's and the drop is really nice, and if you are careful, you won't scrape.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I had the same decision as you, H&R or Steeda. From what I read on other threads, the Steeda Sports sit a tad higher than Race springs, but give the car a more pronounced rake. As far as handling goes, that seems to be almost as subjective as looks. I myself decided to go for Race springs, solely based on price seeing as how the Steedas are around $330.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I went with the Steeda springs and have absolutely no regrets. I like the stance and the improved handling along with the fact that I can still get over almost all speedbumps without any scraping...:beer:

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
Thanks, I've seen that thread and it has good info.

Sure are a lot of h&r race threads out there, too, so I wanted to see what people thought rode higher. For some reason, I thought the h&r race springs rode higher. I think they are both good springs.

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
Thanks, I've seen that thread and it has good info.

Sure are a lot of h&r race threads out there, too, so I wanted to see what people thought rode higher. For some reason, I thought the h&r race springs rode higher. I think they are both good springs.

the steeda's are not the greatest if your looking for a "low" drop, but they are an exceptional spring...quality/handling wise, out of the 3 they will drop your car the least...then h&r race, and h&r sport for the lowest...the handling will be great with all 3...i say go with h&r race

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I had Steeda Sports on my 03 Vert and loved them. The ride was great, the handeling was clearly better than stock and most importantly, the drop was perfect. I ended up buying the exact same springs for my Coupe. I haven't put them on yet, but when I do I will most likely use only the "sleave type" stock isos. The donut isos will be tossed.
I had no isos on the very to no ill effect at all.
The vert had 17's on it, the Coupe will have 18's. Either way, the Steedas get my vote. I have heard great things about the H&R's, but my experience with the Steedas trumps any internet research I've done.

Ken88GT

Established Member
Why not go with MM R&T springs--they are supposedly an "improved version" of the H&R race. I have them and love them, but I have a fox and have nothing to compare to.

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I had Steeda Sports on my 03 Vert and loved them. The ride was great, the handeling was clearly better than stock and most importantly, the drop was perfect. I ended up buying the exact same springs for my Coupe. I haven't put them on yet, but when I do I will most likely use only the "sleave type" stock isos. The donut isos will be tossed.
I had no isos on the very to no ill effect at all.
The vert had 17's on it, the Coupe will have 18's. Either way, the Steedas get my vote. I have heard great things about the H&R's, but my experience with the Steedas trumps any internet research I've done.

I'm leaning toward the Steeda springs with poly isos. what are sleave type stock isos?

Ken88GT

Established Member
I didn't see those on MM website...

I called them up and got them. They are part of the R&T package, but I'm not sure if they list them individually.

Here is a pic of my car with the springs installed and poly isolators:
320571544.jpg

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'm leaning toward the Steeda springs with poly isos. what are sleave type stock isos?

The stock isos are donut style for the bottom (because the sprins are closed at the ends) and on the top, the iso actually slips onto the spring coil (since it's open at the top. I left the sleave isos in place and removed the donuts. The MM poly isos will add about 1/2" to 3/4" of an inch of height to the overall drop. So if the Steeda springs advertise a 1 3/4" drop, expect only 1" if you use polys.

You can't go wrong with the Steeda's. They provide a great ride for a stiff lowering spring.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread