H&R Race Springs with NO iso's ! Let's see them, post up !

Dark Side

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Hey guys,

I am about to order my H&R race springs from lethal tomorrow ! All my friends have been giving hell to lower my car and get away from 4x4 look lol. But before I make my final decision I want to see some pics with all iso's out. The look I am going for is a even drop and about 1-1/2 or 2 finger min gap. Thx for the help, pics, and suggestions !

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
searchhhhhhh!!!

or better yet... just do the install and see how you like it .. its easy to go back and add or remove an iso

Mach1steve

New SVT *****... sweet !
Established Member
Iso

What's the downside of not putting the ISO's (which I gather are the spring isolators) back in ?

Not putting them in I guess lowers the car even more ?
Is there an upper & a lower for each spring ?
If you only put one back in, should it be the top or bottom ?

I'm a fairly new 03 SVT Cobra owner (Black Coupe, spoiler delete), and am putting the H&R springs in, in 2 weeks, so am very intersted in this info.

Thanks

Dark Side

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback guys ! I would like to see some pics of the H&R race with no iso's on stock cobra 17's if posable ! I also went ahead and ordered the race with mm cc plates from lethal today, I get them Monday ! Derek at Lethal is the Sh*t btw ! Thx again

Dark Side

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I would like to know the same ! :thumbsup:

What's the downside of not putting the ISO's (which I gather are the spring isolators) back in ?

I'm a fairly new 03 SVT Cobra owner (Black Coupe, spoiler delete), and am putting the H&R springs in, in 2 weeks, so am very intersted in this info.

Thanks

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member

possible squeking ... most don't notice a noise with not using iso's tho(i do not)

yes the car will be even lower by removing the thickness of the iso (around 1/4" more per iso removed)

yes there are two iso's per spring, 8 total

it should not matter either way... neither would lower/raise the car more/less
.....i think most reuse the top iso and remove the lower one from what ive read

Last edited:

GTIZZL

Established Member
This is good info.. I also just purchased the race springs for my vert from Lethal. Can't wait to get them in!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

Thanks

Personally, I left the TOP isolators out since there is no real movement of the spring against the body. The lower coil will have some friction since the control arms are pivoting. If you ever see a spring that has been used without an isolator, you will see wear on that lower coil as it abraded against the control arm. If you get any "noise" from the suspension, it will most likely be from the lower coil.

The easy way to do it in order for "max lowering" is to leave the upper isolators out and use 3/4" ID heater hose to insulate the lower coil of all four springs. You can buy about six feet of the hose cheap and it works perfectly.

Dark Side

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Thx again guys for all the info ! I got my H&R race springs and mm cc plates Sat morning. Lethal hooked it up ! Gonna get them installed this coming Sat, can't wait !

I just got one more question: With the stock Cobra wheels and Nitto 275DR what size and brand of spacers should I use ? I was looking at going with the H&R spacers just don't know what size. Thx again

Users who are viewing this thread