H&R Race Springs W/O Isolator Pics!

golfprowanabe

Established Member
I just changed the stock springs to the HR Race last night. It wasn't that difficult, but it was harder trying to put in the isolators, so I chose not too. Tell me what you all think.
I've noticed already that I am scraping just driving into the garage with about a 2 inch lip. I think the problem is my UPR X-Pipe hangs a little lower than the stock. I'm thinking of maybe trying to heat up the pipe and bend it just a bit so it sits higher.
I took it for a ride, and it feels like a pretty good difference! Not as much body role.
So what do you all think? It really doesn't look at that low for no isolators. I lightened the contrast so you all could see a little better. Didn't have enough light yet this morning.

Pictures 'after' springs install

hrspringsme9.jpg

Here are some 'before' springs picture

Last edited:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I hit the same lip in my garage...it will wear a groove eventually if you park on the same side lol.

golfprowanabe

Established Member
I hit the same lip in my garage...it will wear a groove eventually if you park on the same side lol.

Yeah I wonder if my UPR pipe can be bent back up under the car a little better. It hangs lower from the headers than the stock ones do.

TORQJNKY

I also have the H&R springs but ended up putting my iso's back in. Upper in the front, both in the back because my rear tires rubbed the fender with I hit a significant dip in the road. I also run a 3/8" spacer in the rear. I might take the upper rear iso's out again in the near future to drop it down that additional 1/2" or so. I have front coilovers now so setting the front height is a breeze.

Users who are viewing this thread