H&R Race Springs - already tried a search

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Ok, i've read through 5 pages worth of threads, and i cant seem to find straght answers for my curiosities.
I plan on buying a set of H&R Race springs for my '03. I dont want the SS springs, as the drop is too much for me, and i like the higher spring rates on the race springs.
What i want to know is, what else is required? Do i NEED the MM isolators? Do i NEED c/c plates?
I'd really prefer to just get the springs in, put a good alignment on it, and be good to go. But, if i need other stuff, i'll make sure to get it.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
I just bought the same springs. From what Ive been reading, you dont have to do diff insolators, they will actually bump the car up a little bit, but if you did they will last much longer than the stock ones. As far as CC plates, I need to know also.

primo

Established Member
subscribing. Also, the website says you need new shocks and struts. Is that BS or what?

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Do you want to do them "right," or do them mostly for looks. To do them "right," you should go with new struts and shocks matched to the springs and caster/camber plates; isolators are up to you. You certainly can get away with doing just the springs most of the time, but its not "ideal." You should get it aligned afterwards.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
cito said:
Do you want to do them "right," or do them mostly for looks. To do them "right," you should go with new struts and shocks matched to the springs and caster/camber plates; isolators are up to you. You certainly can get away with doing just the springs most of the time, but its not "ideal." You should get it aligned afterwards.

I thought that with the 03/04's having bilsteins stock we had good shocks? I can understand why 99 or 01's would need new shocks, as they had ford stock units. I plan on getting an alignment done same day, so thats not an issue.
I just wanna make sure that the race springs are my best bet for what im looking for. I wants something lower, but not scraping the ground, and something that helps cure some of the body roll and brake dive(and a little wheel hop if im lucky).

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You've picked a good spring. The Race springs do not lower the car as much as the SS units, despite what the site says.

Call Maximum Motorsports, I'm pretty sure that they can answer any questions you may have.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
notdisturbed said:
I thought that with the 03/04's having bilsteins stock we had good shocks? I can understand why 99 or 01's would need new shocks, as they had ford stock units. I plan on getting an alignment done same day, so thats not an issue.
I just wanna make sure that the race springs are my best bet for what im looking for. I wants something lower, but not scraping the ground, and something that helps cure some of the body roll and brake dive(and a little wheel hop if im lucky).

The Bilstein's are nice, but they are tuned to the stock spring. They will do fine for your application most likely, but will not be optimal (i.e., don't worry about it, but at some point if somebody gives you crap about having mismatched shocks and struts at least I warned you).

I am guessing you will be very happy with them.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
You guys all rock, thanks for the info. I'll be installing springs in the next 2-3 weeks, and ill make sure to post pics.

Users who are viewing this thread