H&R Race Spring ???s

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Installing some h&r race springs But the front is actually sitting higher?? I thought it would drop a good bit after installing them...then settle later. Do I need to drive on them before it drops any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trendkilllx

Established Member
Installed the race springs on my 03, left the stock isolators but still got a decent drop. Had one side front that was sitting 1/8 inch higher but after a week or so they leveled out.

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Is the bottom of the spring aligned in the cup? Isos?

yes it's aligned in the cup, i left the stock isolators in the front and took just the bottom isos out in the rear...think I'm gonna be takin the fronts off too. jacked up front end don't look good, but ill give it some time to settle first.

Installed the race springs on my 03, left the stock isolators but still got a decent drop. Had one side front that was sitting 1/8 inch higher but after a week or so they leveled out.

yea my rear is sitting how i want it but the front is still has the 4x4 look..

asierra1

Established Member
I took the bottom isos out on all four corners and gave the springs some time to settle before I judged the ride height. I'd say give it a few days

Sent from my iPhone while killing America's enemies with pure awesomeness

Lowflight

Established Member
We did mine last night and the rear sits less than half and inch higher. I took the top isolator out of the rears and left them all in the front. My concern is that if my daughter rides in the back or I put anything in the trunk, it will be higher in the front. I sure hope the front settles more than the rear.
large.jpg

Lowflight

Established Member
Wow, you have great taste in color and wheels. :beer: Slightly off-topic, what tire sizes are you running?

Just 285s in the back right now. It will be put into daily driving service in a few months, plus I don't shred tires, I am more of a waxer, so I don't need the grip. I am going to need a small spacer to bring them out flush. Which size would do that and be the shortest?

Users who are viewing this thread