H&R Race spring question

DropTopSnake

Serious Power Addiction!
Established Member
Pretty new to doing suspension work...and had a "newb" question on the rear spring installation. Unfortunately, when I took out the old Eibachs in my Cobra...I did not make note of the coil orientation while sitting in the rear LCA cup.

There was a big mess up on shipping and I just got my springs yesterday after waiting more than 2 weeks. Went to put them in last nigh and decided not to run lower iso's in the rear. When I positioned the springs into the cups and used a bit of persuasion to get them popped in...I don't seem to find any "correct" way to position the coils. For example...the front LCA's have a mold built into them where the end of the coil actually bumps up against...so you really can't go wrong. I don't see this in the rears and was wondering if anyone could shoot any advice my way? Will it make a big difference in handling or possibly have uneven ride heights on each side if I don't get both springs positioned a certain way?

Thanks for any advice...as I need to finish this up today to get my car off my buddies lift.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I belive the bottom of the spring ends where the drip hole of your control arm

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Yeah. I go to school at OU and I'm in the city every once in a while. When I'm not there im back home in Tulsa.

Is there any spots where people hangout at and just bs about cars in the city area?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread