H&R Race spring guys in hur plz...

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
OK fellas if ya can post some pix....I know there's been some random ones, but Id like to see the race exclusivley...I just purchased some and im tinkering w/ the idea of cutting a coil to lower it more....I like the low stance, but again this is just an idea...I havent seen some pix to get a general idea.....please indulge me w/ your experiences/suggestions as of now.....Thx JT

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
This doesnt help, but I just ordered my H&R sports from Tirerack...was going to get the Race one's, but it suggested swapping out the stock shocks and I didnt wanna do that...will post pics when they arrive and are put on

JTSVT

Established Member
Yeah I was going to get the Sports, but my shop guy said itll be alright...Im probably gonna cut a coil as well.....I can always do shocks alittle later down the road....JT

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Man, my car is low with the race springs. If you have any type of exhaust on your car, I would not go any lower. I'll post a pic.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
81PICT0421_2_-med.JPG

JTSVT

Established Member
That looks pretty nice Cito......for race they sit lower than I thought......I still cant decide if I want something lower...I do have a MAC 3'' Catback and Bassani Xpipe....one pipe does hand alittle low and im sure would scrap......I guess Ill just have to be etremely careful...on a plus side it will keep me from driving fast.....lol....More PIX H&R Race guys!!!

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
I used the stock spring isolators, which might be why mine is lower than others. Many people upgrade to the polyurethane isolators, and that will put the car up higher by a 1/4 to 1/2".

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
cito,
Are you sure you have the H&R Race Springs? I have the Race springs on my car and it doesnt sit that low. That drop is what cars with the SS springs look like. Ive seen cars with the Race springs and no isolators and they still didnt sit that low. Might be worth double checking to see what you have.

Comparing my brothers stock suspension 03 and my 99 with Race springs. The 03 sits lower in the front with the stock suspension and higher in the rear than my 99. The Race springs give the car a very level look, not the raked look the stock 03/04 has.

blk04cobra1,
You wouldnt need to swap shocks and struts to change to different springs, the 03/04 Cobra came with Bilsteins from the factory.

lightning@jack

Established Member
are the race springs adjustable(ride height). springs have been my hardest decision yet. H&R ss are to low for me

JTSVT

Established Member
lightning@jack said:
are the race springs adjustable(ride height). springs have been my hardest decision yet. H&R ss are to low for me

Nope not adjustable but they sit considerably higher than the SS's....I think if you dont like those then the Race is probably for you....There supposed to be alittle stiffer, but hell its a Cobra not a luxury car....lol....I actually cut mine one coil, have yet to see it but will get pix up once I get the car back......I like the low look, but I also want the stiffer ride for performance/handling reasons----JT

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Anyone have issues with H&R race springs and adjustable rear shocks? This is the set-up I'm thinking about going with.

Users who are viewing this thread