H&R Hubcentric 25mm Spacers

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
I got my H&R 25mm spacers in the mail last night and immediately installed them.

When I put the car back on the floor, the passenger side rear wheel seemed to be sticking out slightly more than the driver's side. Measured it and, sure enough, it's about 1/8" farther out.

When I took the spacers off I measured them and they are both 15/16".

Anyone else have this problem? The spacers sat perfectly flush with the hub.

Am I missing something?

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
The rear assy is probably off center slightly and you only see it now that the wheels are closer to the fender. That is a small amount and probably wont be noticed.

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
I mean, it was noticable to the eye.

How does the rear assembly come to be off center? Is this something I need to look into? Or is this a flaw that could have happened from the factory?

MysticRob

Established Member
How you could possibly tell one side was out 1/8" more than the other side impresses me. You must seriously have a Steve Austin bionic eye implact or something. Now I'm all paranoid about mine. LOL

I assume you have the same size wheels and tires on both sides?

oldmodman

Established Member
I had a customer that had the same "problem" on his 04 Cobra, but even worse.
He ended up using a 3/8 spacer on one side and NONE on the other. His wheels were then perfectly centered and neither side rubbed. 18X10.5 with 335 tires too.
I put his car up on my lift and he spent an afternoon under it measuring everything. He finally decided that the mounting points for the IRS sub frame were a little off.
And while he was under there he washed and WAXED under the car.

So both he and his car are a little off.:-D

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
How you could possibly tell one side was out 1/8" more than the other side impresses me. You must seriously have a Steve Austin bionic eye implact or something. Now I'm all paranoid about mine. LOL

I assume you have the same size wheels and tires on both sides?

Honestly, I don't know why I could tell. I figured it was a weird angle or shadow or something.

Once I noticed it, I started measuring from multiple different places and sure enough. I even took a piece of string with a weight on it and taped it to my quarter panel.

What's even more unusual is my buddy, who recommended getting the spacers, said his looked off by eye too. After checking his, he's got the same problem just on the driver's side.

I had a customer that had the same "problem" on his 04 Cobra, but even worse.
He ended up using a 3/8 spacer on one side and NONE on the other. His wheels were then perfectly centered and neither side rubbed. 18X10.5 with 335 tires too.
I put his car up on my lift and he spent an afternoon under it measuring everything. He finally decided that the mounting points for the IRS sub frame were a little off.
And while he was under there he washed and WAXED under the car.

So both he and his car are a little off.:-D

Weird.

I'm going to put my Race springs on and reinstall the spacers to see if the difference is noticeable or not. We'll see, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread