H & R difference between sport springs and super sport racing sports .

03COBRA-88

Established Member
I think the race springs might be what your looking for. From what I have heard the super sports springs lower the cobras about 2 inches.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
+1 on the Race springs for a DD. Speed bumps would own you with Super Sports.

moot09

Established Member
I jsut bough h&r races, havent installed them yet though. but for a dd go with the race and if you dont think its low enough just take out a couple isolators for a little extra drop

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I had hr race's with no iso's it rode like ass but man did it look good. Since i put the solid axle in (had eibach sportlines) i put the top iso back in the front and it rides way better. I could never get away with the SS springs down here.

Hr race no iso's 18s with a 245 40
DSCN1198.jpg

And with top iso's in the front in my sig.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Super sports are lower than the sports. Race springs are stiffer than the sports and super sports. I had the Race springs in my IRS with 400# coilovers up front and the car rode and handled awesome.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
H&R doesnt make SS springs for the Terminators,Just Sports and Race. I had the sports on my last Cobra and it was the perfect drop.IMO The car didnt scrape if you drove it right and didnt have a bunch of beef in the car,Lol My vert has the Race springs with the upper isos removed and it sets about like the sports did but the coupe had a better feel to it with all the isos in place.The race springs are a little to high for me with all the isos in.

Sports w/all isos
IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

Race w/upper isos removed
030-1.jpg

043.jpg

027.jpg

Race w/all isos
IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Last edited:

Predatorbird

Established Member
H&R Super Sports are only made for a SRA car. The fronts will fit fine, but you need a SRA for the rears.

H&R Sports (commonly called "SS" for Sport Springs) are made for IRS cars. They offer a bigger drop compared to the Race springs.

H&R also makes Sports for the SRA cars, but they don't advertise as big of a drop as they do for the IRS version.

101blur

Established Member
anyone have pics of a convert with H&R sports and no iso's..?
I just order my springs for the cobra, wounder what its going to look like was thinking about removing top and bottom iso's..?

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
With the sports you will want the isos. The car will sit plenty low with them.

If you drag race the sports are better also. Weight will transfer better.

Users who are viewing this thread