H-pipe

SJ_Cobra

Established Member
I was thinking bout getting a mac H-pipe I have bassani cat back dont what model. for the the most part how does a h pipe sound on our cars or should i get a x pipe. im getting them without cats thanks.

04RiceEater

Established Member
I have a Mac o/r h-pipe with a flowmaster catback and it has a nice deep rumble to it. I will be switching mid pipes soon so I could sell u my one if you still wanted it?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I've tried em all.........Prochamber here.

And Kevin, my understanding of the performance differences between an X and H pipe on a Terminator is so insignificant so as not to be a factor in the decision?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
If you use cats on either one I guess you are right...

At the end of the day I can't see either effect your power too much whether it be an OR H vs OR X or catted H vs catted X. I say go with an H since an X seems to have a more rhaspy sound to it. Just my .02

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
At the end of the day I can't see either effect your power too much whether it be an OR H vs OR X or catted H vs catted X. I say go with an H since an X seems to have a more rhaspy sound to it. Just my .02
Yeah, I agree. I believe running catless will help with performance to a very minor degree, but must dyno results appear to indicate little to no gains. Most feel that the preference between the two is pretty much solely dependent on sound preference.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
One other thing off the subject. If your tuner for some reason is lazy then get a catless H/X pipe. The reason is if they use a tailpipe sniffer then your a/f ratio with the cat's might be a little skewed.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
I had the OR/ Prochamber with my Bassani C/B I loved the sound just couldn't deal with the fumes anymore, so I went with the MRT catted H and really like it.

Users who are viewing this thread