H Pipe with cats? Anyone know where

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I am considering the Steeda catback.

I hear it's made by Borla and Borla's own system only comes with 4" round tips (which I dont want).

I am wondering if there is a good H pipe with cats so as to be smog legal in Texas.

I like the H sound better than the X.

Thanks for any info.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I like slash cut much better. It's all just taste. I'm not a fan of the short slash or round cut really.

Lobo

Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
4" Tips fill those holes in the back perfectly. Of course that my opinion.

No, actually, that's everybody's opinion who's seen them in person.

I had them put on 3.5" tips cause I thought 4" was too much... it looked so BIG in my hands, I couldn't believe it would look right. But lo and behold, I had them take off the 3.5"s and put on the 4"s and now the car looks much better. Looks like the tips were made for the holes, If I wouldn't know any better, I'd think it was stock.

I'd love to get the Magnaflow system if it wasn't for the tiny 3.5" tips.

Lobo

Untouchable

Established Member
Hey slythetove, check out MM&FF mag or 5.0 mag. They have a bunch of H-pipe manufacturers along with prices.

BTW, I went with a Bassani off raod X-pipe with Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back and the sound is heartstopping. It sounds so sweeet, like a true musclecar. Nice and loud and a rumble vibrates throughout your entire body! I kept the stock catted pipe so I can bolt it back on come emissions testing (i live in Texas too).

Oh, I also went with 4" chrome angle-cut exhaust tips and the rearend looks absolutely menacing! It scares the sh!t out of any other car pulling up behind me.. hehe

Last edited:

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by Untouchable
Hey slythetove, check out MM&FF mag or 5.0 mag. They have a bunch of H-pipe manufacturers along with prices.

BTW, I went with a Bassani off raod X-pipe ...

Oh, I also went with 4" chrome angle-cut exhaust tips and the rearend looks absolutely menacing! It scares the sh!t out of any other car pulling up behind me.. hehe

Not to mention with over 500 hp at the crank, it is.
Enjoy !

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread