h-pipe problem

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
hey guys,got my bbk longtubes on,what a bitch that was,anyways i'm trying to put on my bbk h-pipe w/cats and the port for the 02 sensor is seemingly in the wrong place? the 02 sensor is hard up against the crossmember for the transmission,don't see how this is gonna work. anyone else have any issues installing this?:shrug:

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
I bought a catted bbk H-pipe a couple years ago for my 88 gt, and had the same problem on the passanger side. Had to have an exhaust shop put a new bung in a different location. I would return it, and get the correct one.

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
it seems to be the correct pipe,but the bung is in the wrong place? its right in the middle of the transmission support and tilted upwards slightly. when the pipe is installed it will break off the 02 sensor. i guess it's probably defective. i bought it used offa someone on this site so i guess i shoulda bought a new one and saved myself all the trouble.:shrug:

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Well if you dont wanna go thu the trouble, just have a shop weld that up and install a new bung. It isnt the end of the world..lol

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I dont get how the bung can be in the wrong place if its the right h-pipe, is this a common problem cuz i have longtubes and an h-pipe sitting at home waiting fr install

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
i'm thinking now that it's the wrong pipe. the bungs are right up next to the converters,which isn't the best place for them to be,clearance wise. when i look at a picture of my pipe online. the bungs are down towards the h,clear of the support.gonna call and have someone look at a new one and tell me if this is correct.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread