H-pipe install help.

JC_SapphireBlue_GT

Established Member
I'm looking for a lethal performance h pipe install or any h/x pipe install for a 2011-2012 mustang gt.

If there is one with pictures that would be a huge help!
I just did my axleback and want my h pipe on!

I found the install in the how-to section just looking for another one.

Thanks

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
you know you need a tune for that H-pipe, right?

It really is not hard to get the H-pipe off.. just unbolt the header to Stock h-pipe bolts x4 in total. The passenger side bolt, closets to the firewall, you will need to get that one from the top, through the engine compartment. The rest of the install is pretty straight forward

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
you know you need a tune for that H-pipe, right?

It really is not hard to get the H-pipe off.. just unbolt the header to Stock h-pipe bolts x4 in total. The passenger side bolt, closets to the firewall, you will need to get that one from the top, through the engine compartment. The rest of the install is pretty straight forward

x2. Did it this past weekend and it was easy except for that one damn corner bolt. After 20 minutes I figured out that it would have to be taken out from the top.

150xlt

Established Member
Put my lethal H on last Tuesday. The top bolt on the passenger side as noted was a b**ch. Took less than an hour with a lift from start to finish.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Yep, from the dealer. They weren't in stock so it took a day. I tried reusing them and had a leak.

BV600

Established Member
8 Bolts.....

If you need a write up on that maybe you shouldnt do it

ViciousJay

Established Member
x2. Did it this past weekend and it was easy except for that one damn corner bolt. After 20 minutes I figured out that it would have to be taken out from the top.

How long go an extension did you need? Also did you need an impact?

ViciousJay

Established Member
It was more so to see if is possible to do with only 2 jack stands, and how long of extensions I need, also to find out if there was any problems people encountered, posts like this make me :bash:

:coolman:

agreed, when i had mine installed it cost me 40 bucks for someone to throw it on a lift and do it for me

mikestoyz

Established Member
It took me 2.5 hours by myself on jackstands....most of that was trying to get it to get on the stands because its hard getting the jack under the suspension rather than the body...

I needed 24" total of extensions and one swivel right after the 15mm socket. Hopefully yours is a little rusty or Id spray some adhesive on the swivel or you wont ever get that 15mm socket on that nut.

Otherwise, undo the header bolts, then I undid the band clamps, slid the pipe back then forward out of the car(be sure to remove the 02 sensors before you remove all the header bolts. Those things are in tights.

Install was just tricky to get the bolt/nuts started at the header while holding it up, then put on the band clamps.

If someone said, "Ill do it for $60", I would surely have taken them up on it.

Oh, be sure there are no kids around, you will be cursing quite a bit.....or maybe its because Im older and sick of working on cars.

08GTCS Stang

I Don't Give a Chainsaw!
Established Member
It was more so to see if is possible to do with only 2 jack stands, and how long of extensions I need, also to find out if there was any problems people encountered, posts like this make me :bash:

:coolman:

I did my install on 2 jack stands. I used 5 extensions and 2 swivel sockets to be able to get the passenger cat bolt off. Couldn't get the socket on the bolt properly without both swivel sockets. Even using just one stripped it a little bit when I tried it.

Overall, I didn't run into any major problems. The bolts ontop of the cats are a pain but the car sounds so badass with the H pipe on there so it was well worth it.

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
How long go an extension did you need? Also did you need an impact?

The rest of the comments sound about right, I had like three extensions connected and used a large ratchet to get it off. The impact wasn't strong enough. I used a swivel socket as well. I installed the socket and one of the extensions from the bottom then lowered the car, I connected the other extension from above and finally got the damn thing off. Using a lift made it a lot easier.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread